Jessica A

Whats everyone reading now

This thread reminds me of how many books there really are - when you ask what films people are watching there are normal one or 2 watching the same and someone who is watching something you have seen - but with books you tend to get a much wider range.

I'm currently reading The Shack

That's one of the best books ever to me.

But now I've been reading "And forgive us our sins" (or sth like that, I translated it from Polish, and the original title is in Dutch) by C.C. Fischer. I don't know what's taking me so long, because it's actually quite interesting. But I've been reading it for a week at least.

Call of the Wild by Jack London on my Kindle, in terms of "real" books it's "A Witch Alone: Thirteen Moons to master natural magic" by Marian Green.

I used to love Jack London books as a kid - haven't read them for ages though - might have to remedy that.

I've just started reading Minding Your Own Business: A Common Sense Guide to Home Management and Industry by Raymond and Dorothy Moore. This is a book I've read several times and is always worth rereading. But I think when I'm finished with this one I'm going to try to find a good novel to read.

How Great Women Lead: A Mother-Daughter Adventure into the Lives of Women Shaping the World, Bonnie St. John and Darcy Deane

It took me awhile to decide to buy this and etc.

I used to read all the time. I always seem to be too busy to do much of that now. I have a shelf filled with books that I have not read and want to. The only thing that I am kind of reading right now is Sink Reflections. Maybe once I am done with that I will be so organized that I will have more time to read other books.

Now I'm almost finished with The Breakdown Lane by Jaquelyn Michard. I loved The Deep End of the Ocean, another one of her novels, so I've been trying a few of her others. This one was pretty good - it's about a woman whose husband leaves her and then she finds out she has MS. The ending is happy, but a little too unrealistic for me. I also started another one by her called The Midnight Twins, which I couldn't get into, so I put down. I used to feel like I had to finish a book at all costs, but then I decided why suffer through something I'm supposed to be reading for pleasure? Life's too short!

Well, I read the most recent issue of The Walking Dead comic book series yesterday, but I'm not reading anything right this moment. Just a few days ago, I finished Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris which is the most recent installment of the Southern Vampire Mysteries series. True Blood was based on those books and I love them. Before that, I read The Forest of Hands and Teeth trilogy.

I am reading The Power of a Praying Woman by Stormie Omartian - my priest recommended it because I'm multireligious and therefore won't get much out of the "mainstream" texts.

OK I started reading Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris and I'm getting to the point where I'm upset about having to put it down. Her next and last book in the series comes out next May and I'm a little bit sad that we'll be losing favorite charecters when the series ends.

I am currently reading Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout. The book won the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction in 2009, and it is greatly deserving of the title. I am very close to finishing the novel, and I am greatly impressed by it. Basically, it is a collection of stories that involve a central character, Olive Kitteridge, in the small town of Crosby, Maine. While soem stories directly follow Olive, in others, she will only briefly. Very beautifully written. Highly recommended.

I have a habit of starting new books while i'm still reading others because I get excited and cant wait. I'm just finishing up a series of letters between Hunter S. Thompson to the White House and following his campaign trail.. Its called "Better Than Sex: Confessions of a Political Junkie". Also finishing up The Hobbit because I want to read it before I see the new movie :p.

Just finished the Stormlight Archives-Brandon Sanderson.Imo a must read for any who enjoy the fantasy genre.Currently re-reading The Silmarillion-Tolkien.Goooood stuff.:)

1980s book The Orphan by Robert Stallman. Hammer Horror should buy the rights to this book. Werewolf creature that shifts into humans. The wants and desires of each clash with each other as the human grows and...You'll just have to read the book. :p

I am currently re-reading the Lux Series by Jennifer Armentrout. I read the first four books earlier this year and the 5th and final book just came out so time to catch up :)

I'm reading "Princess Izambo", a historical novel about the medieval times, it's full of knights, pirates, princesses etc  :sleep:

Spider-man the octopus agenda by Diane Duane. It has doc oc as the main villain and has venom teaming up with the web slinger to stop him.

i am legend by richard matheson. Way better than that will smith film. :)