Wingnut

Coronavirus. Crippling Anxiety.

Recommended Posts

I saw this bit of good news I like you are only looking for good reports I know that China and Korea are weeks ahead of us and are doing much better now

Screenshot_20200329-191703_YouTube.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something that has been helping a little bit is reading about past pandemics, I think what comforts me is that they came to an end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Trudy said:

I saw this bit of good news I like you are only looking for good reports I know that China and Korea are weeks ahead of us and are doing much better now

Screenshot_20200329-191703_YouTube.jpg

True but at least that's good for 24 hrs I am grasping at all positive bits of info because if the US got it last or close to last that means other countries turn a rounds will be before ours so we should see hope soon I hope and pray

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jennifer1 said:

Something that has been helping a little bit is reading about past pandemics, I think what comforts me is that they came to an end. 

That sounds kind of scary but I am curious  are you reading them to see the positive turn around?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Trudy said:

That sounds kind of scary but I am curious  are you reading them to see the positive turn around?

Yes Trudy. Something that has my anxiety ramped up is feeling like this will never end.. reading about past pandemics is reassuring, they infact all ended. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm feeling very distressed by all this because I literally can't leave my house. I don't like being stuck in the same place all the time. I don't really have anyone to talk to either except for my family. I live with my aunt and uncle. We don't see eye to eye on much because I am in my late 20s and they treat me like I am 12. Tonight we had a big argument at the dinner table because they showed me an article that said people with childhood trauma issues have "low life potential" and they were using me as an example because I essentially lost my job and have been holed up in my room watching TV and playing video games.

I'll give a little bit of background here if you all don't mind...

My life has completely fallen apart and become directionless in the past five years... I was in a longterm abusive relationship, was living with the person etc., got out of that relationship due to pretty unfortunate circumstances (it was for the better though) and about a year later I ended up doing much better on my own, with a job I loved and my psychiatrist was considering taking me off some of my meds. I had gone back to school and was working toward a degree.

I was involved in a situation at work that resulted in a misunderstanding which led to immediate termination, without me even being able to explain my side of the story. I lost my income and had to move in with my aunt and uncle. My parents are not in the picture. I had to rehome a lot of my animals too which broke my heart beyond belief. I had to stay on my meds and then some, and I can't afford to see my therapist often and my medical bills are horrifying. I had to drop out of school as well because of a bullying situation that escalated to the point of me not being able to go anywhere on campus without being faced with a character assassination. The aftermath of all that has left me with crippling anxiety and depression and an inability to trust most people in my life, who I have become extremely distant from. My family is a dysfunctional mess too. Everyone hates each other and they are significantly divided politically and socially which has led to a lot of estrangement. I am very, very isolated from the rest of the world, and I also live in a very small town where, let's just say, word travels fast. I have an extremely dark past and I think a lot of people have caught wind of it at this point.

So.. yeah, excuse my rambling... this has all led to the point of the current situation with the coronavirus outbreak, where I'm trapped in my home and have no access to the outside world or any kind of support. Not to mention living in constant fear of getting the virus and possibly dying. I'm hoping I can get some support here, because I haven't exactly been welcomed with open arms anywhere else.

I'm sorry if what I said was too long or too detailed and not relevant to this thread, but I needed to tell someone, because I've been internalizing that whole... thing... for years.

Thanks in advance if anyone read that.

Luca

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No need to apologize I ramble too its better to get it out I fear everyday that i will get it i have just been put on kolonopin and lexapro to go with my buspirone to help me calm down my ocd and health anxiety is ruling me 24/7 that's why I only look for positive covid stories like countries overcoming it. Can you get out and go for walks or is their a friend you trust to open up too. Trust me you are not alone at all

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi all i have a idea that I would like to share lately I have been on a news fast no news on any of my social media or TV. I have started to look for positive covid updates from around the world. Like restrictions being lifted and no new cases being reported in weeks or survivor's numbers going up. I look at it like this if other countries got it before the USA did and they are already seeing positive changes, and we are behind  them by a few wks we shouldnt be that far behind. I think I read that so. Korea is doing much much better  as well as China so if any of you see or hear of any good advancements being made feel free to share in here it would really help me lift my spirits mentally as well as each others. We have to look for a light of hope please help me look. I really hope this takes iff and you guys like the idea Love yall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2020 at 12:00 PM, RRaider95 said:

Also, way to try to help out with Health Anxiety.  You might want to try different tactics to soothe folks other than an apocalyptic prognostication.  This is the Anxiety Central Health Anxiety board, is it not?  Not the The End is Near, Run for the Hills board.  People come here for comfort.

Yes ty that just flared me right up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Justluca, I'm sorry that your family isn't behind you during all of this. I believe that during this time you will come out of this knowing what you want. Maybe do online school once you find a new job, which you will 🙂 make a calendar of goals . Like in 6months I will have a job in 10 months I will move out in a yr from now I'll be enrolled in college.. etc etc. Make a board of your goals. Family is nice to have but when they are toxic, you have to break away. You will. Hugs. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Trudy said:

No need to apologize I ramble too its better to get it out I fear everyday that i will get it i have just been put on kolonopin and lexapro to go with my buspirone to help me calm down my ocd and health anxiety is ruling me 24/7 that's why I only look for positive covid stories like countries overcoming it. Can you get out and go for walks or is their a friend you trust to open up too. Trust me you are not alone at all

I'm sorry your OCD and health anxiety are giving you so much trouble. I understand though. Are the new meds helping you at all? I know sometimes they take a while to work.

I can get out and walk my dog but that's about it, I don't want to risk going to a grocery store or anything. I also don't drive.

I don't really have friends to talk to either, other people kind of alienated them for me during the situation at my college.

Thank you, you are not alone either, that's why all of us are here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Holls said:

Justluca, I'm sorry that your family isn't behind you during all of this. I believe that during this time you will come out of this knowing what you want. Maybe do online school once you find a new job, which you will 🙂 make a calendar of goals . Like in 6months I will have a job in 10 months I will move out in a yr from now I'll be enrolled in college.. etc etc. Make a board of your goals. Family is nice to have but when they are toxic, you have to break away. You will. Hugs. 

Thank you for your inspiring words!

Online school is probably a good idea. I had also been thinking about maybe transferring to a trade school instead of traditional college but there's still the aspect of interacting with other people which gives me horrible anxiety.

The calendar board is a great idea too. When I am able to see my therapist again maybe I could go over that with her.

My family is awful... my aunt and uncle aren't so bad but they see the world differently than I do.

Once again thank you, I hope you're staying well during this difficult time, Hugs to you too,

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Trudy said:

hi all i have a idea that I would like to share lately I have been on a news fast no news on any of my social media or TV. I have started to look for positive covid updates from around the world. Like restrictions being lifted and no new cases being reported in weeks or survivor's numbers going up. I look at it like this if other countries got it before the USA did and they are already seeing positive changes, and we are behind  them by a few wks we shouldnt be that far behind. I think I read that so. Korea is doing much much better  as well as China so if any of you see or hear of any good advancements being made feel free to share in here it would really help me lift my spirits mentally as well as each others. We have to look for a light of hope please help me look. I really hope this takes iff and you guys like the idea Love yall

Trudy I SO love this idea.. I am trying to learn about pandemics to help me understand their cycle. I would love to share positive news but I came seem to find much and when I do see 1 positive thing I've also seen many terrifying things as well. 

How are you weeding out the positive info?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Jennifer1 said:

Trudy I SO love this idea.. I am trying to learn about pandemics to help me understand their cycle. I would love to share positive news but I came seem to find much and when I do see 1 positive thing I've also seen many terrifying things as well. 

How are you weeding out the positive info?

I usually Google good covid updates worldwide or something like that and skim through articles

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your article was very reassuring, Trudy. It's good to hear good news coming from other parts of the world.

Hope you're doing better today. I'm here if you need to talk about anything.

Luca

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all.  Been away awhile.  Anxiety at an all time high because of this stupid virus.  I about had the HA licked.  I have several health problems, so working from home and not going anywhere.  Miss my aging father, my aging aunt in a nursing home, and just miss my life.  Trying to figure everything out unfortunately.  Looking at the bright side is a good idea.  I'm in a state where things are just now ramping up, though my area its pretty limited.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You’ll be okay. There are over 300 cases in the city I live in and 20 deaths. I am a grubhub driver and I am literally ALL over the city touching everything all day long. Just use your hand sanitizer, wash your hands, and keep your distance from people as much as possible. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here I go sinuses  are draining  into my ears or behind my ears. Keep clearing my throat and my throat and ears itch yup I am trying not to freak out i am practicing  my square  breathing nice and deep to relax and check my lung capacity it started as soon as i opened the window this a.m 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trudy said:

Here I go sinuses  are draining  into my ears or behind my ears. Keep clearing my throat and my throat and ears itch yup I am trying not to freak out i am practicing  my square  breathing nice and deep to relax and check my lung capacity it started as soon as i opened the window this a.m 

We woke with sore throats and sneezing. We think it's allergies Bec we got a cool front a few days ago. So I find myself doing what you are doing.i think yours is allergies too, especially if you had your window open. Hugs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here in Philadelphia  we had crazy violent  storms yesterday  with 70mph winds and then today boom allergies 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.