So I know a number of people who swear by essential oils as being very helpful for all kinds of things, including anxiety. I'm on medication for my anxiety and I'm not looking to make any major changes in that department at the moment, but I am interested in things that may help relax me when I get particularly stressed. Has anyone tried essential oils or aromatherapy for this? Is there a particular brand or mix or whatever (not familiar with terms) you can recommend?

Thanks for any input!

I was given a couple anti-anxiety essential oil blends and one of them made a tremendous difference...the other one was 3 times as expensive and it didn't do anything.  

Essential oils supposedly work because the particles found in the fragrances are small enough to cross the blood-brain barrier. My mom puts lavender oil on the bottoms of her feet before she goes to sleep every night.

I recommend buying a few less-expensive oil blends and see if one of them works for you.  I think a good blend would include one or more of these:

vetiver
ylang ylang
tangerine
roman chamomile
wild orange
lemon balm

The blend I liked the most had a strong citrus base to it...so I guess citrus works best for my particular body.  I THINK that the best way to apply it is behind the ears and on the feet (the soles of the feet whisk the oil into the bloodstream).  

Thanks for the suggestions, guys! I think I'm going to get a few different oils and see if any make a difference. I've had a bunch of lavender-scented products around me - not oils, but a candle, lotion, etc. - the past few days to see if that helped. Didn't seem to, and I'm not really a fan of the scent as it turns out. I'll still try it in oil form just to see.

I haven't used my essential oils in a few years. Thanks for the reminder! I once made a blend for anxiety but I can't remember where I found the recipe.

Just found a few blends on holisticonline.com. This one seems similar to the one I made. 3 parts lavender, 2 parts bergamot and 1 part sandalwood.

I agree with those who said that lavender is in treating anxiety. My sister suffered from anxiety but since she started using lavender essential oil, she felt better than ever. In fact, she never had any anxiety attacks for months. I understand that there will always be skeptics but I really believe in what essential oils can do. I recommend getting your essential oil supplies from Healing Solutions.

I purchased the Gurin Spa Vapor Advanced Wellness Instant Healthful Mist Ultrasonic Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser as a christmas gift for my sister. She is very happy with it and how it works. I like that it has a safety feature that turns it off when the water level goes too low. This is super important when you have a teenager who forgets to turn things off. It has three different colors- red, blue, and green- that have high and low settings. It has a timer so that she can set the machine to work as long as she wants. This is a great way to start using essential oils to enhance your life.

716pqgd+WCL._SL256_.jpg

InnoGear Portable Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser

InnoGear Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser is a wonderful best item for let’s go stress and uplifts your mood. Because this item can be diffuse enchanting and lovely fragrance with your essential oils. This fragrance has lingered in your environment all day and it is a small device that sends the essential oil elements into the air. This diffuser can give you a peaceful night’s sleep. This diffuser can be air purification and the antiseptic and antibacterial properties infused within the oils. And also it can eliminate stale odors including tobacco smells and fishy dinners. This diffuser has included, quiet at a noise level of less than 35 dB, then you can spend your time relaxing. This diffuser is a best sell item in the world.

READ MORE

When using the essential oils, what is the delivery method? Are they normally applied to the skin, on the bottom of the feet? And, how often each day?

You can also use Bergamot oil it is a great antidepressant because it’s very stimulating. Bergamot can create a feeling of joy, freshness and energy by improving the circulation of your blood. It’s also shown the ability to work as a natural remedy for anxiety.

Having an essential oil blend on hand that has enormous diversity in application is invaluable.  I have used On Guard topically at the bottoms of my feet and internally in my water to help fight off a viral infection, such as the common cold. Although I have no tangible evidence, I attribute the fact that I have not gotten sick with a full-blown cold virus or flu this year to my OnGuard use. Not only have I used it directly as an essential oil, but I have used it as an active ingredient in home-made sanitizing products such as all-purpose cleaner and hand sanitizer. In fact, I believe in the product so much that I made homemade hand sanitizer as Christmas presents for family and friends, who have claimed to love the product with regards to smell and effectiveness. Why does this excite me so much?  Because as a woman it restores my hope and confidence that we as a human society are self-sufficient and the resources provided to us by Mother Nature truly can be enough to protect and improve our overall health. As I have expanded my use of essentials oils in my life, it has caused me to take pause and think about the originating source for all the toxic chemicals listed in the retail sanitizing products we purchase at our local Safeway, Target or Costco.
How is bleach made? Most everything stems from some sort of organic matter right? The two types of bleach I am aware of are chlorine bleach and peroxide bleach, both of which can be toxic.”The bleach manufacturing industry came under fire during the 1970s when the public became concerned about the effects of household chemicals on personal health.” I am not sure if there is an essential oil that can bleach my clothes for me, but they sure seem to work well with disinfecting and sanitizing tasks.  That is not something I could ever say with ease as a Registered Nurse.  I think us nurses probably all fit into the prejudicial category of “germaphobe”.  Have you ever seen a nurse wash their hands?…well then, enough said. Since I’ve been on such a roll with my use of On Guard, I decided to put it to the test with a homemade laundry detergent.  BINGO!  scored again!  I could not believe how well my first batch worked on my clothes.  I remember having a conversation with a girlfriend of mind who was telling me that she was making her own laundry detergent and her family loved the way their bathroom towels felt after coming out of the dryer.  She said that since using her homemade detergent, her towels felt cleaner and fluffier, similar to the way they felt when they were brand new.  Naturally, I was a skeptic at first because I have been a firm believer for decades that nothing cleans my laundry better than my Tide detergent.  However, after having such great results with my hand sanitizer, I figured it was worth making a small batch to try out.

These are some of the Essential Oils that are proven and tested effective: Frankincense, Lavender , Lemon, Melaleuca, Oregano, dōTERRA BreatheTM, DigestZen, dōTERRA On Guard, Deep Blue 
For more Info or Orders: Visit: justbecauseicare.org

A relative gave us a big selection of oils for ills and none of them worked for the things they were supposed to help. 

I love the smell of lavender and have sprayed a lavender fragrance on a handkerchief and sniffed it when when I was having chemo and could smell it at night and it really helped me relax and overpowered that metallic nasty smell. 

Well,lavender is one of the most commonly used essential oils, popular for its pleasant fragrance and relaxing effects.

I have a Chrysler 300 and I have to say I really recommend Mobil 1 synthetic. It takes a lot longer to break down than regular oils.It cost a bit more but is worth it imo.:D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucid said:

I have a Chrysler 300 and I have to say I really recommend Mobil 1 synthetic. It takes a lot longer to break down than regular oils.It cost a bit more but is worth it imo.:D

Lucid-u killed it. This made me laugh so hard! :D

Disclaimer: Not meant to offend anyone, just liked his response. I've used essential oils in the past:)

• Like 1

Thanks MsLLL lol.I was just browsing through the thread and there was a lot of click bait and people really trying to sell .....I couldn't resist :)

• Like 1

I use Lavender to help my sleep and rose oil to improve my skin.

As for the diffuser, I recommend Sztrokia Aroma Oil Diffuser.

I had two diffusers but they were too noisy to make me relax and fall asleep.

Sztrokia oil diffuser is the third one I bought on Amazon, its quiet running and fine mist output. I LIKE IT!

Hope it works! Thanks! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01I9ISI12

4 hours ago, hxr16 said:

I use Lavender to help my sleep and rose oil to improve my skin.

As for the diffuser, I recommend Sztrokia Aroma Oil Diffuser.

I had two diffusers but they were too noisy to make me relax and fall asleep.

Sztrokia oil diffuser is the third one I bought on Amazon, its quiet running and fine mist output. I LIKE IT!

Hope it works! Thanks! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01I9ISI12

I bought some essential oils and have zero idea how to use them I have lavender.. how many drops can I put in my bath? 

Lavender is pretty strong, so you won't need much in a bath. 2-5 drops should be enough. Add a few drops of olive oil and some Epsom salts as well and you're skin will feel so nice when you get out!

38 minutes ago, LizzyG said:

Lavender is pretty strong, so you won't need much in a bath. 2-5 drops should be enough. Add a few drops of olive oil and some Epsom salts as well and you're skin will feel so nice when you get out!

Thanks LizzyG!!! I've had them since October.. it's time I have then a try! 

1 hour ago, LizzyG said:

Peppermint, Lemon and Grapefruit are also really nice in the bath too...

I did lavender and peppermint in my bath.  Wow smelled amazing!!!! Have you ever tried the lavender in pills.?? I read a lot about it and people swear by it. Hey I'm willing to try anything to get rid of my anxiety lol. 

45 minutes ago, Holls said:

I did lavender and peppermint in my bath.  Wow smelled amazing!!!! Have you ever tried the lavender in pills.?? I read a lot about it and people swear by it. Hey I'm willing to try anything to get rid of my anxiety lol. 

I didn't even know Lavender came in pills. You can use it in the shower too. Add a few drops of lavender and Eucalyptus in a spray bottle with some distilled water. Then spray it on the wall of the shower and breath in the steam. 

• Like 1