jdgate

So I have covid

So I went to the doctor today to discuss the covid vaccine and to get treated for what I thought was just another sinus infection. I get them quite often. Well, they tested me for covid and it came back positive. I always wear a mask when I go out, social distance, and constantly wash my hands but I still have it. Right now the only symptoms are being tired, a headache, and my ears hurting. Doctor said my lungs sound great and gave me a list if vitamins to take. 

However, my dad called to tell me about all the healthy people dying from this and I am basically going to die, etc. Then my Facebook is covered in deaths too. Now my anxiety is super triggered though I feel okay besides the symptoms above which started last week but my doctor was booked a week out and couldn't see me until today. She thinks I'm probably toward the end up it but I'm super paranoid. Anyone else recently contract covid? 

I had it back before the lockdowns in the UK, so February 2020. Had bad fever, banging headache, was out the game for a day or 2, but other than that I was fine! Fully recovered, a-okay. You will be coming to the end of it now, so don't worry ❤️

Hi. jdgate. Your dad sounds a real Job's comforter. He needs to stop being so negative. AriaRen who only posted two lines, made more sense than your dad. I also feel you are coming to the end of it and you will have gained some natural immunity by having it. If you take notice of Facebook then you will be in trouble. Why oh why are people so negative? OK, so covid is not good at all, but we have to keep things in perspective. People die of covid, or so they say on the death certificate, but you will find most of them had some underlying illness that they would have died from anyway. Be sensible, obey the rules and I am sure you will be fine. 

I know a number of people who had Covid-19 and they all eventually were well again. 

I have a friend who had it. Basically had a headache for 3 days and then was fine. That was almost a year ago. No one else in her family got it...not her husband or kids. Which is a very good thing because her husband has all sorts of scary pre-existing conditions...but he never got it. Thank goodness.

I have another friend who's teenage step daughter had it months ago. Basically was like a bad flu but she was fine. They quarantined her in her room and threw food and water at her from behind the door. No one else got it. HOWEVER...my friend's husband is tested regularly and while he never tested positively for COVID he did test positive for the antibodies...so he must have had it at some point and just never realized it. Anywho...the whole family is just fine.

I bet lots of people have had it and just didn't know it because they either had no symptoms or their symptoms were very mild. It's such a weird thing...how it affects different people so differently.

If you already had it for a week I bet you're already passed the worst and it. Take the vitamins the doctor suggested, drink lots of fluids and hang in there. Keep us posted. We care.

Oh and PS...something I remind myself of all the time...people lie on social media...or stretch the truth...a lot...or you don't always know the full story. Just sayin'

I am now in this same situation! On Wednesday/Thursday of last week I started to notice my sense of smell and taste diminishing. I just got over a crazy cold so thought maybe I was just getting a sinus infection and such. Over the next few days my smell continued to go and my sinus headache got worse. Today I went to urgent care to see about an antibiotic. The PA thought I definitely had a sinus infection but of course they tested me for Covid. I was actually shocked when it came back positive. I called my boss to tell her and she told me about someone she knew who died at 42 (I just turned 39). I'm freaking out with anxiety now, taking my pulse-ox every 20 minutes. I believe I am on day 4-5 of this. When should I be in the clear as far as getting severe symptoms if I was going to get them? 

4 hours ago, MotherOfMaya said:

I am now in this same situation! On Wednesday/Thursday of last week I started to notice my sense of smell and taste diminishing. I just got over a crazy cold so thought maybe I was just getting a sinus infection and such. Over the next few days my smell continued to go and my sinus headache got worse. Today I went to urgent care to see about an antibiotic. The PA thought I definitely had a sinus infection but of course they tested me for Covid. I was actually shocked when it came back positive. I called my boss to tell her and she told me about someone she knew who died at 42 (I just turned 39). I'm freaking out with anxiety now, taking my pulse-ox every 20 minutes. I believe I am on day 4-5 of this. When should I be in the clear as far as getting severe symptoms if I was going to get them? 

I knew someone (he's age 51) who didn't have his full sense of smell back for four months.

Your heart rate is from the anxiety - Corona doesn't affect the heart; it affects the respiratory system.  The only thing you should monitor is your lungs and the sinus.  Keep in touch with your doctor if anything changes.  It doesn't sound like it would get much worse at this point.  The India Variant (I'm not PC these days) is weaker than the Wuhan Coronavirus.  At this rate, we may have an American Variant develop, too :(. 

I know a number of people who had it; all were fine afterwards. What age are you?