dynasty

Damn insominia!

Ok I've 2 bendryl, 1 over the counter sleeping capule(can't rember the name), 5 shots of tequila, and 1 beer and still feel wide awake hell I can even drive right now just perfectly fine if I wanted. Wtf do I have to do to make myself fall alsleep? Shoot up myself with a tranqualizer? Fuck me!

Maybe try no alcohol dyn it may counteract the meds, plus alcohol is a stimulant. A soak in a hot tub with lavendar oil, hot milk or chamomile tea and some chill out music might help you more.

I didnt take all of it at once. I took the bendryl first an hour later i took the other pill and then 30 min after that i drank down the alcohol

I agree with Gilly, try hot milk and camomile, warm bath, try some relaxation stuff, If you insomnia is that bad there are short term, milder sleeping aids you can get from your doc on prescription usually taken for around 2 or 3 weeks it an sort your sleeping pattern out, doesnt necessarily have to be a benzo or a hypnotic.

Can i ask you a question? how active are you during the day and what time do you normally wake up at and go to bed at?? xxxx

Ok I got some lavender bubble bath mix I could not find any lavender oil so this is the next best thing. I absolutly hate milk and I have no clue on where to find chamomile tea. I will make DR appointment here in the next couple of days.

most grocery stores will have a decent sized tea section, chamomile will usually be there. The tea definitely helps calm you down. its a challenge for me to sleep to, my brain seems to pick up speed at night.

hopefully you find what works for you.

And its still a problem..... Some nights I'm forced to use to alcohol to go to sleep(that is if I want some sleep). I called the DR to setup a appointment and no answer but I left a message and waiting to hear back.

I think insomnia is a serious disorder that plagues many people. We need our eight hours of sleep and not sleeping can have serious side effects. I hope you have found a way to sleep. For me, it has been my best interest to get a good physical activity in 2 hours prior to going to sleep. My body feels exhausted and my mind soon follows.

I've had Insomnia since I was a kid around ten years old and have yet found a way to get to sleep without taking meds for it and I don't like doing that because it's difficult to wake up the following morning, but I also know that depression can contribute or sometimes even be the main cause of insomnia which I also have, but for me it seems like I just can't shut my brain down. I do know that in the past lavender, not a strong perfume one but one that's subtle enough not to give you a headache yet just enough that you can smell it, for me I also know that the smell of honeysuckle seems to relax me, now if I could only find it in a way where It can be put in my pillow case that may actually work. I wish you the best of luck and chances are your best luck is to go to the Dr's and maybe even a psychiatrist to see if you could have a form of depression that may be keeping you up. It doesn't mean your crazy, just human =) God Bless.

I have suffered from bouts of insomnia in the past, it's a nightmare! Mixing alcohol with the medication is not a good idea. Alcohol may help you get to sleep initially, but it will disrupt your sleep cycle and you will wake up during the night. Gilly, alcohol is a depressant, not a stimulant. That's why people use alcohol to relax and sleep.

Yes alcohol is a depressant and very dangerous to use with medication of any kind. One of the biggest problems for me is not being able to shut my mind down. It seems as if I've got one thing after another that goes through my head and won't stop, nine times out of ten this keeps me awake all night leaving me frustrated. I have to take sleep medication which I don't like to take because it's hard to wake up the following morning as well as makes me have weird dreams. Hope your able to find something to help.

Okay, as someone who doesn't sleep (8:15 am -1:47am and counting) here's the thing. There may be a chance that you are just plain screwed.

However, try melonin and eating something so sickenly sweet it makes your teeth scream right before you try to sleep. It's not promised to work, but it's less unhealthy then chewing a handful of Tylenol PM or chugging what is it Nytequil. I've done it, but it is not advisable and in the long run it will ruin at least one organ if not more. As for lavender and warm milk or a warm bath that never hurts, but it probably won't be enough by it'self if your insomnia is bad enough.

My advice would be to exercise in the afternoon. Exercise is closely linked to sleep, you will be more likely to sleep well if you exercise earlier in the day. Another good trick is to have a hot shower or bath prior to sleep. This will raise your body temperature and the subsequent drop in body temperature can induce sleep, as studies suggest we sleep better in cooler temperatures.

Luckily last night I finally slept for about 5 hours. I guess the insomnia decided to let me sleep for once and I feel great today. I always sleep with the windows open/fan on depending on the time of year because it's so hat in my bedroom. Did you finally manage to get some sort of sleep?

My advice would be to exercise in the afternoon. Exercise is closely linked to sleep, you will be more likely to sleep well if you exercise earlier in the day. Another good trick is to have a hot shower or bath prior to sleep. This will raise your body temperature and the subsequent drop in body temperature can induce sleep, as studies suggest we sleep better in cooler temperatures.

This is true. Exercise does REALLY help. If there are days where I am walking around quite a bit, or helping move things around, I will almost always find it easier to get to sleep that night.

Yeah the past couple of nights I have, but I've also had my muscle relaxers that makes me real tired too, so once those are gone I'll really find out how well I sleep. :)

This is true. Exercise does REALLY help. If there are days where I am walking around quite a bit, or helping move things around, I will almost always find it easier to get to sleep that night.

Being active and walking around is very good for you, however, the higher the intensity of the exercise, the better for your sleep. Being active through the day will help, but more intense exercise is even better. A strenuous workout in the late afternoon will definitely help you sleep.

Being active and walking around is very good for you, however, the higher the intensity of the exercise, the better for your sleep. Being active through the day will help, but more intense exercise is even better. A strenuous workout in the late afternoon will definitely help you sleep.

Its funny, working out seems to have the opposite effect on me. It really gets me stimulated and I have a hard time coming down from that high. I have had total exhausting workouts but it seems like when my mind knows I need to rest the most, that's when my sleep problems kick in.

I've actually been able to go to sleep without aid for the past three or four nights at a decent hour. Anything before midnight is a decent hour for me. Not sure what happened, the only thing I've done differently has been to get out in the sun more often...hmmmm, yeah not sure what changed it but i'm great full for it whatever that may be.