Gilly

List Of Over 100 Anxiety Symptoms

Anxiety Symptoms, Anxiety Attack Symptoms (Panic Attack Symptoms), Symptoms of Anxiety

There are over 100 symptoms of anxiety.

Because each person has a unique chemical make up, the type, number, intensity, and frequency of anxiety symptoms will vary from person to person. For example, one person may have just one mild anxiety symptom, whereas another may have all anxiety symptoms and to great severity. All combinations are common.

What are anxiety symptoms?

Common anxiety symptoms include:

Body (anxiety symptoms commonly associated with the body in general):

• Allergy problems, increase in allergies (number, sensitivity, reactions, lengthier reactions)
  • Back pain, stiffness, tension, pressure, soreness, spasms, immobility in the back or back muscles
  • Blanching (looking pale, loss of color in the face or skin)
  • Blushing, turning red, flushed face, flushed skin, blushing, red face or skin
  • Body aches, parts of or your entire body feels sore and achy, feels like your body and muscles are bruised
  • Body jolts, body zaps, electric jolt feeling in body, intense body tremor or “body shake”
  • Body temperature increase or decrease, change in body temperature
  • Burning skin, itchy, “crawly,” prickly or other skin sensations, skin sensitivity, numbness on the skin
  • Burning skin sensation on the face, neck, ears, scalp, or shoulders
  • Buzzing sensation in the feet, toes, hands, fingers, arms, legs
  • Chest pain, chest tightness
  • Choking
  • Chronic Fatigue, exhaustion, super tired, worn out
  • Clumsiness, feeling clumsy, co-ordination problems with the limbs or body
  • Cold chills, feeling cold
  • Craving sugar, sweets, chocolate, usual craving for sugar and sweets
  • Difficulty speaking, moving mouth, talking, co-ordination problems with the mouth or tongue
  • Dizziness, feeling lightheaded
  • Dizzy, feeling dizzy
  • Electric shock feeling, body zaps
  • Excess of energy, you feel you can’t relax
  • Falling sensation, feel like your are falling or dropping even though you aren't
  • Feel like you are going to pass out or faint
  • Feeling cold or chilled
  • Feel wrong, different, foreign, odd, or strange
  • Flu-like symptoms, general malaise, feel ill, like you are coming down with a flu
  • Flushed face, red face, flushed skin
  • Frequent urination
  • Head Zaps
  • Heart palpitations, racing heart
  • Hyperactivity, excess energy, nervous energy
  • Increased or decreased sex drive
  • Infection - increased infections, persistent infection
  • Mouth or throat clicking or grating sound/noise when you move your mouth or jaw, such as when talking
  • Muscles that vibrate, jitter, tremor, or shake when used
  • Muscle twitching
  • Nausea
  • Nausea vomiting
  • Neck, back, shoulder pain, tightness/stiffness
  • Night sweats, waking up in a sweat, profusely sweating at night
  • No energy, feeling lethargic, tired
  • Numbness
  • Numbness tingling, numbness and tingling
  • Numbness and tingling, and other skin sensations on hands, feet, face, head, or any other places on the body
  • Persistent muscle tension, stiffness
  • Pounding heart, heart feels like it is beating too hard
  • Pulsing or throbbing muscles. Pulsing or throbbing sensation.
  • Rib or rib cage tightness, pressure, or feeling like a tight band around the rib cage
  • Sexual Dysfunction, sexual uninterest
  • Shooting pains, stabbing pains, and odd pressures in the neck, head, or face
  • Shooting pains in the face
  • Shooting pains in the scalp or head
  • Skipped heart beats
  • Sore or tight scalp or back of the neck
  • Startle easily
  • Sweating, uncontrollable profuse sweating
  • The floor feels like it is moving either down or up for no reason
  • Tightness in the ribs or rib cage area, may also feel like a tight band around the ribs or rib cage area.
  • Tingling sensations, anywhere on the body, including the hands, feet, legs, arms, head, mouth, chest, groin area
  • Throat or mouth clicking or grating sound/noise when you move your mouth or jaw, such as when talking
  • TMJ
  • Trembling, shaking, tremors
  • Twitching
  • Unsteadiness, dizziness, feeling dizzy or lightheaded
  • Urgency to urinate, frequent urination, sudden urge to go to the washroom (similar to urinary tract or prostate infection symptoms)
  • Warm spells
  • Weak - feel weak, weakness, low energy, light, soft, like you may faint
  • Weak legs, arms, or muscles
  • Weight loss, weight gain

Chest (anxiety symptoms commonly associated with the chest area)

• Chest tremors, trembling in the chest, chest feels like it is vibrating
  • Chest pain or discomfort
  • Concern about the heart
  • Feel like you have to force yourself to breath
  • Find it hard to breath, feeling smothered, shortness of breath
  • Frequent yawning to try and catch your breath
  • Heart Palpitations – beating hard or too fast, rapid heartbeat
  • Heart - Irregular heart rhythms, flutters or ‘skipped’ beats, tickle in the chest that makes you cough
  • Rib or rib cage tightness, pressure, or feeling like a tight band around the rib cage

Emotions (see mood) (anxiety symptoms commonly associated with emotions, mood, and feelings)

Fears (anxiety symptoms commonly associated with fear)

• A heightened fear of what people think of you
  • Afraid of being trapped in a place with no exits
  • Constant feeling of being overwhelmed.
  • Fear of being in public
  • Fear of dying
  • Fear of losing control
  • Fear of impending doom
  • Fear of making mistakes or making a fool of yourself to others
  • Fear of passing out
  • Fear that you are losing your mind
  • Fears about irrational things, objects, circumstances, or situations
  • Fears of going crazy, of dying, of impending doom, of normal things, unusual feelings and emotions, unusually frightening thoughts or feelings
  • Heightened self awareness, or self-consciousness
  • Need to find nearest washrooms before you can feel comfortable
  • Need to seat near exits

Head (anxiety symptoms commonly associated with the head)

• Brain fog
  • Burning, itchy, tight scalp
  • Dizziness
  • Dizzy
  • Dizziness or light-headedness
  • Frequent headaches, migraine headaches
  • Feeling like there is a tight band around your head, pressure, tightness
  • Head, neck or shoulder pain, tightness/stiffness
  • Head zaps, head tremors
  • Giddiness
  • Numbness
  • When you close your eyes you feel like are beginning to, or will, float upwards
  • Sore jaw that feels like a tooth ache
  • TMJ (Temporo-Mandibular Joint) - clenching of the jaw or grinding of the teeth

Hearing/Ear(s) (anxiety symptoms commonly associated with hearing)

• Feel like there is something stuck in your ear, that your ear canal it plugged or blocked, that there is a pebble in your ear that you can't get out
  • Low rumbling sounds
  • Reduced hearing, frequent or intermittent reduced hearing or deafness in one or both ears
  • Ringing in the ears, noises in the ears, noises in the head
  • Pulsing in the ears, throbbing sound in the ear(s)
  • Tickle or itch in your ear that you can't seem to get at

Mind (anxiety symptoms commonly associated with the mind and thinking)

• Afraid of everything
  • Altered state of reality, consciousness, or universe feeling
  • Brain Fog
  • Deja Vu, a feeling like you've done or experienced something before
  • Depersonalization
  • Derealization
  • Desensitization
  • Difficulty concentrating, short-term memory loss
  • Difficulty thinking, speaking, forming thoughts, following conversations
  • Disorientation
  • Fear of going crazy
  • Fear of losing control
  • Fear of impending doom
  • Feelings of unreality
  • Frequent feeling of being overwhelmed, or that there is just too much to handle or do
  • Having difficulty concentrating
  • Nightmares, bad dreams
  • Obsession about sensations or getting better
  • Repetitive thinking or incessant ‘mind chatter’
  • Short-term learning impairment, have a hard time learning new information
  • Short-term memory impairment, can't remember what I did a few days, hours, or moments ago
  • Spaced out feelings, feeling spaced out
  • "Stuck" thoughts; thoughts, mental images, concepts, songs, or melodies that "stick" in your mind and replay over and over again.
  • Trapped in your mind feeling
  • Underlying anxiety, apprehension, or fear
  • You often feel you are carrying the world on your shoulders

Mood / Emotions (anxiety symptoms commonly associated with mood, emotions, and feelings)

• Always feeling angry and lack of patience
  • Depersonalization
  • Depression
  • Dramatic mood swings (emotional flipping)
  • Emotionally blunted, flat, or numb
  • Emotional "flipping" (dramatic mood swings)
  • Emotions feel wrong
  • Everything is scary, frightening
  • Feeling down in the dumps
  • Feeling like things are unreal or dreamlike
  • Frequently being on edge or 'grouchy'
  • Feel like crying for no apparent reason
  • Have no feelings about things you used to
  • Not feeling like yourself, detached from loved ones, emotionally numb
  • You feel like you are under pressure all the time

Mouth/Stomach (anxiety symptoms commonly associated with the mouth and stomach)

• A ‘tinny’, ‘metallic’ or ‘ammonia’, or unusual smell or taste
  • Aerophagia (swallowing too much air, stomach distention, belching)
  • Burning mouth, feeling like the inside of your mouth is burning, or tingling, or like pins and needles, or all of these together or at different times
  • Burning tongue, feeling like your tongue is burning, or tingling, or like pins and needles, or all of these, or all of these together or at different times
  • Choking
  • Constant craving for sugar or sweets
  • Constipation
  • Diarrhea
  • Difficulty swallowing
  • Difficulty talking, pronouncing certain letters or sounds, mouth feels like it isn't moving right, slurred speech
  • Dry mouth
  • Feeling like you can’t swallow properly or that something will get caught in your throat
  • Feeling like your tongue is swollen
  • IBS
  • Lack of appetite or taste
  • Lump in the throat, tight throat, something stuck in your throat
  • Mouth muscles twitching/jumping
  • Mouth or throat clicking or grating sound/noise when you move your mouth or jaw, such as when talking
  • Nausea
  • Nausea vomiting
  • Nausea or abdominal stress
  • Numbness
  • Stomach upset, gas, belching, bloating
  • Teeth grinding
  • The thought of eating makes you nauseous
  • Tight throat, lump in throat
  • Throat or mouth clicking or grating sound/noise when you move your mouth or jaw, such as when talking
  • TMJ
  • Tongue symptoms - Tingly, “stretched,” numb, frozen, itchy, “crawly,” burning, twitching, “jumpy,” aching, sore, or swollen tongue (when it isn’t).
  • Urgency to urinate, frequent urination, sudden urge to go to the washroom
  • Vomiting

Skin (anxiety symptoms commonly associated with the skin)

• Burning skin sensations, skin sensitivity
  • Numbness
  • Skin problems, infections, rashes

Sleep (anxiety symptoms commonly associated with sleep)

• Difficulty falling or staying asleep
  • Frequent bad, bizarre, or crazy dreams
  • Hearing sounds in your head that jolt you awake
  • Insomnia, or waking up ill in the middle of the night
  • Jolting awake
  • Waking up in a panic attack
  • You feel worse in the mornings

Sight (anxiety symptoms commonly associated with sight)

• Distorted, foggy, or blurred vision
  • Dry, watery or itchy eyes
  • Eye tricks, seeing things our of the corner of your eye that isn’t there, stars, flashes
  • Eyes sensitive to light
  • Spots in the vision
  • Flashing lights when eyes are closed
  • Your depth perception feels wrong

Touch (anxiety symptoms commonly associated with touch)

• Numbness
  • Pain
  • Tingling, pins and needles feelings

Other anxiety symptoms are described as:

Being like a hypochondriac, muscle twinges, worry all the time, tingles, gagging, tightness in the chest, tongue twitches, shaky, breath lump, heart beat problems, head tingles, itchy tingling in arms and legs, and so many more.

In addition to these anxiety symptoms, you may also find yourself worrying compulsively about:

• Having a heart attack

• Having a serious undetected illness

• Dying prematurely

• Going insane or losing your mind

• Suddenly snapping

• Losing it

• Uncontrollably harming yourself or someone you love

• Losing control of your thoughts and actions

• Being embarrassed or making a fool out of yourself

• Losing control

• Fainting in public

• Not breathing properly

• Losing control of reality

• Choking or suffocating

• Being alone

These are some of the more common anxiety symptoms. This list isn't exhaustive.

Reference and further information here http://www.anxietyce...-symptoms.shtml

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I can't tell you how many of these I experience from time to time. For a while, I had to keep a copy of this list near my be so I could refer to it when I was convinced I was having a heart attack or other problem! Thanks for post it.

• Like 2

Same here, SEA. I remember finding this list back when my health anxiety was off the charts and I was convinced I had something different every week. Anxiety's such a confusing illness because it has so many possible symptoms, but eventually I had to tell myself that since my symptoms were constantly changing and the one i was worried about last week would magically go away when I started fixating on something else, it had to just be my anxiety acting up.

I have several of these. Weird that these can all be signs of anxiety. However, they can also be signs of other things... which is what worries me.Yes, back pain is a symptom of anxiety, but it's also a symptom of being misaligned, or other problems.

Dying prematurely, and having an undetected illness are my main problems.

• Like 4

I also have some of them . Specially the anxiety related to weakness . This is really a very bad feeling . But I can almost over come from this through proper treatment. 

This list is 100 percent accurate. I have been hit with GAD and some form of panic and depression but mostly GAD with 24 hours 7 days a week of depersonalization and derealization since 2009, im freaking exhausted!!!!! I have seen over 20 psychiatrist not because of me, because most of them are either rude or simply INSANE BUT..... they all said that this list is very true. I have seen 1-2 doctors who said i am bipolar which is total bullshit. My cardiologist and internal medicine doctor even said to me in these words "anxiety can fuck you up". Those who think your crazy your not and not alone. Anxiety can mimic bipolar and can cause so much crap like hallucinations, delusions and psychosis. I am not a doctor but seeing so many different psychiatrists and doing my own research which i may add have a PhD not in this field, i educated myself and i express in full detail to every doctor what my symptoms are. Everybody word of advice, if you want to get better ASK ASK ASK ASK questions, dont be a dog and let them give you medicine and dont ask. Some may argue the less you know the better which is true but some want to know what medication does, its side effects etc. Whatever makes you comfortable do to make you feel better but i find that a lot of people who are not aware of the symptoms question how they feel and from reading a lot of posts question their sanity. I hope everybody gets cured from this nasty thing and that means myself. Mine just hit me out of nowhere, so imagine being derealized and depersonalized plus i forgot to add not being able to form thoughts, more like acting robotic for 4 years straight everyday all day, it sucks and it disables me greatly. I wish you all luck and hope and again dont let these psychiatrist drive you crazy cause they are crazy in themselves, each and every one of them but we need them. Try to find one that is sane which i have which is VERY HARD.

• Like 5

I'm completely new to all of this...but I just need advice or insight...about 5 months ago I lost my mom...she died of liver failure, fast..went to er on a Saturday she was gone by Monday...she never knew she was sick...since then I have had an ever growing, nonstop fear of being deathly ill. I have been to the doctor for the anxiety, he gave me citalopram and its helped with my normal anxiety. I've had a headache for what seems like 2 months almost nonstop and he doesn't think its anything, and even though I trust his opinion I still fear something else is really going on. I work myself up to a point where my health is all I think about. My head,neck, stomach etc. I don't know what to do, I can't keep doing this, its driving me and my close ones insane. I just want advice or someone to tell me if they think something really is wrng or if I'm just experiencing horrible health anxiety

Going for endoscope tomorrow, trying to stay calm. I think my anxioty is making it worse. I was told to have my gallbladder out 5 years ago but opted to wait. New GI doc doesn't think it's gallbladder cause all previous test normal, but they were last time as well. Trying to maintain calm but getting difficult, anybody have any advise?

My younger sister died suddenly a few months ago. I have always had problems with anxiety but since her death it became 100x worse. I started having multiple panic attacks a day. I have started medication which has really helped but I have found that I am so scared that I am going to die like she did. Her death was ruled an accident and she took medication that wasn't prescribed to her and it mixed with other medicines and it was a lethal combination. I know she didn't do it on purpose but it still happened. I just keep finding myself anxious that I could die too. I have never loved the idea of death but its all so real now. I can't seem to shake the 'what if's' what if I pass out, have a disease I don't know about, have a seizure and I'm home alone, die in my sleep…they are pretty much all fixated around dying. For some reason its so hard for me to talk about with the people in my life. Is this just a normal part of the grieving process or is this just typical for anxiety sufferers or is it something else? I have a doctors appointment on Monday for a physical. I hate doctors but I thought I could at least get some peace of mind if I see one and they tell me I'm healthy. (crossing fingers)

Any advice/suggestions/comments are welcomed. Thanks!

Lori

Hi Lori.

I would suggest that what you are going through is the grieving process coupled with anxiety brought about by the sudden death of your sister. Anyone who has had a loss will be concerned about the future, but in anxiety everything gets exaggerated. I know it is easy to say that time heals when not suffering oneself, but it is true. You never forget, but the pain does lessen and you are often left with just pleasant memories. You are wise going to your doctor. Not so much for a physical but they can probably give you some mild medication to help you over this bad time. The fear of death is natural and there has been some discussion on this subject here of late. But, as I said earlier, it is all so much exaggerated in anxiety. It will pass but give it time. Grief is a natural process and if you recognise that fact it may help. Panic attacks are another aspect of anxiety and, although nasty at the time, will not harm you. What to do? There is a lot of useful info on this site about panic and I suggest you have read. Many have been where you are now and many have recovered. We all speak from experience. It is impossible for non sufferers to understand and unless you feel you can trust someone be careful to whom you confide. We can be hurt by a wrong remark said in all innocence as we are so vulnerable in anxiety. Come back whenever you wish to talk. WE understand.     Jon.

Hi Lori , Maybe you should visit a grief counselor as well . It's no wonder you're shaken by your sister's death. I'm sorry you had to go through that . Grief is complicated and all people deal with it differently and very few people seek out help afterwards but I think for people like us who are already living with great fears, it may be a good idea.   Hugs ! 

I so wished that I had found this site earlier.   I now feel like I have the  answer of how I have been feeling for soooo long now, I actually feel like a weight has been taken from off my shoulders........Thank you so much :)

• Like 2

That is so awesome, Foggy ! I agree. I sort of battled it on my own forever and had no idea there were such forums. When I finally found my first one, I felt sooooooo NORMAL. Right? You feel normal when you realize so many other people understand those feelings and thoughts that you assumed were unique to you and super crazy ! 

Glad you are here :) 

• Like 2

I have a symptom from that list, but I am hoping that the symptom could still be considered anxiety induced if it persists for a long time?

I have a symptom from that list, but I am hoping that the symptom could still be considered anxiety induced if it persists for a long time?

In my personal experience yes it can. 

Gilly, I know that you know what I am going through and that you can relate because our symptoms have been quite similar. I reread your posts about strange legs sensations sometimes when I feel I can't beat this thing (anxiety) and I feel better. Thank you.

• Like 1

I LOVE this site.  I wish I would have found it years ago.  All those symptoms, wow !  I have had alot of them.  Brain zaps, the floor moving, itching all over for no reason, exhaustion, and on and on and on.  I also read some of the information that was posted here on religion and trauma.  And of course sexual trauma.  I had no idea how widespread this problem was.  It almost makes me feel guilty for feeling sorry for myself when there are so many other people out there who feel just as bad or worse than I do.  

I mean I know you cant quantify how each person feels.  You feel how you feel and that's it.  But shame and guilt is built into my self-image so it's inevitable that I would empathize with others like me, or others who have it worse than me. 

Trixxie

Anxiety Symptoms, Anxiety Attack Symptoms (Panic Attack Symptoms), Symptoms of Anxiety

Because each person has a unique chemical make up, the type, number, intensity, and frequency of anxiety symptoms will vary from person to person. For example, one person may have just one mild anxiety symptom, whereas another may have all anxiety symptoms and to great severity. All combinations are common.

• Allergy problems, increase in allergies (number, sensitivity, reactions, lengthier reactions)
  • Back pain, stiffness, tension, pressure, soreness, spasms, immobility in the back or back muscles
  • Body aches, parts of or your entire body feels sore and achy, feels like your body and muscles are bruised
  • Body jolts, body zaps, electric jolt feeling in body, intense body tremor or “body shake”
  • Burning skin, itchy, “crawly,” prickly or other skin sensations, skin sensitivity, numbness on the skin
  • Choking
  • Difficulty speaking, moving mouth, talking, co-ordination problems with the mouth or tongue
  • Dizzy, feeling dizzy
  • Falling sensation, feel like your are falling or dropping even though you aren't
  • Flu-like symptoms, general malaise, feel ill, like you are coming down with a flu
  • Frequent urination
  • Head Zaps
  • Muscle twitching
  • Nausea
  • Nausea vomiting
  • Numbness
  • Numbness and tingling, and other skin sensations on hands, feet, face, head, or any other places on the body
  • Skipped heart beats
  • Startle easily
  • Tightness in the ribs or rib cage area, may also feel like a tight band around the ribs or rib cage area.
  • Tingling sensations, anywhere on the body, including the hands, feet, legs, arms, head, mouth, chest, groin area
  • TMJ
  • Twitching
  • Urgency to urinate, frequent urination, sudden urge to go to the washroom (similar to urinary tract or prostate infection symptoms)
  • Warm spells

• Heart - Irregular heart rhythms, flutters or ‘skipped’ beats, tickle in the chest that makes you cough

Emotions (see mood) (anxiety symptoms commonly associated with emotions, mood, and feelings)

• Fear of dying
  • Fear of losing control
  • Fear of impending doom
  • Fear of passing out
  • Fears of going crazy, of dying, of impending doom, of normal things, unusual feelings and emotions, unusually frightening thoughts or feelings

• Brain fog
  • Dizziness
  • Dizzy
  • Giddiness
  • Numbness
  • When you close your eyes you feel like are beginning to, or will, float upwards
  • TMJ (Temporo-Mandibular Joint) - clenching of the jaw or grinding of the teeth

• Feel like there is something stuck in your ear, that your ear canal it plugged or blocked, that there is a pebble in your ear that you can't get out
  • Low rumbling sounds
  • Reduced hearing, frequent or intermittent reduced hearing or deafness in one or both ears

• Afraid of everything
  • Brain Fog
  • Depersonalization
  • Derealization
  • Desensitization
  • Disorientation
  • Fear of going crazy
  • Fear of losing control
  • Fear of impending doom
  • Feelings of unreality
  • Frequent feeling of being overwhelmed, or that there is just too much to handle or do
  • Nightmares, bad dreams
  • Short-term memory impairment, can't remember what I did a few days, hours, or moments ago
  • "Stuck" thoughts; thoughts, mental images, concepts, songs, or melodies that "stick" in your mind and replay over and over again.

Mood / Emotions (anxiety symptoms commonly associated with mood, emotions, and feelings)

• Depersonalization
  • Depression
  • Emotions feel wrong

• Burning mouth, feeling like the inside of your mouth is burning, or tingling, or like pins and needles, or all of these together or at different times
  • Burning tongue, feeling like your tongue is burning, or tingling, or like pins and needles, or all of these, or all of these together or at different times
  • Choking
  • Constipation
  • Diarrhea
  • Difficulty swallowing
  • Difficulty talking, pronouncing certain letters or sounds, mouth feels like it isn't moving right, slurred speech
  • Dry mouth
  • Feeling like you can’t swallow properly or that something will get caught in your throat
  • IBS
  • Nausea
  • Nausea vomiting
  • Numbness
  • Teeth grinding
  • TMJ
  • Tongue symptoms - Tingly, “stretched,” numb, frozen, itchy, “crawly,” burning, twitching, “jumpy,” aching, sore, or swollen tongue (when it isn’t).
  • Vomiting

• Numbness

• Jolting awake

• Eye tricks, seeing things our of the corner of your eye that isn’t there, stars, flashes
  • Spots in the vision
  • Numbness
  • Pain

Being like a hypochondriac, muscle twinges, worry all the time, tingles, gagging, tightness in the chest, tongue twitches, shaky, breath lump, heart beat problems, head tingles, itchy tingling in arms and legs, and so many more.

In addition to these anxiety symptoms, you may also find yourself worrying compulsively about:

• Having a heart attack

• Dying prematurely

• Suddenly snapping

• Losing it

• Losing control

• Fainting in public

• Not breathing properly

• Choking or suffocating

• Being alone

This explains a lot of what I have been feeling recently, thank you for posting this

• Like 1

This post is so insightful! I have had many of these symptoms over the span of a year (almost). I often think of them as death knocking at my front door.Even tho I have had test done. BUT now to see that others have also felt some of the same symptoms I have, helps me feel less alone. Since I always feel that way. I am really appreciate you all sharing. MERCI BEAUCOUP! :)

• Choking
  • Dizzy, feeling dizzy
  • Frequent urination
  • Head Zaps
  • Muscle twitching
  • Nausea
  • Nausea vomiting
  • Numbness
  • Skipped heart beats
  • Startle easily
  • TMJ
  • Twitching
  • Warm spells

• Fear of dying
  • Fear of losing control
  • Fear of impending doom
  • Fear of passing out

• Brain fog
  • Dizziness
  • Dizzy
  • Giddiness
  • Numbness

• Low rumbling sounds

• Afraid of everything
  • Brain Fog
  • Depersonalization
  • Derealization
  • Desensitization
  • Disorientation
  • Fear of going crazy
  • Fear of losing control
  • Fear of impending doom
  • Feelings of unreality
  • Nightmares, bad dreams

• Depersonalization
  • Depression
  • Emotions feel wrong

• Choking
  • Constipation
  • Diarrhea
  • Difficulty swallowing
  • Dry mouth
  • IBS
  • Nausea
  • Nausea vomiting
  • Numbness
  • Teeth grinding
  • TMJ
  • Vomiting

• Numbness

• Jolting awake

• Spots in the vision

• Numbness
  • Pain

• Having a heart attack

• Dying prematurely

• Suddenly snapping

• Losing it

• Losing control

• Fainting in public

• Not breathing properly

• Choking or suffocating

• Being alone

Great post. Most information you can find online about anxiety list only few symptoms of it where there is so many and they vary from person to person. Thank you.

On 1/25/2012 at 6:14 PM, Gilly said:

• Choking
  • Dizzy, feeling dizzy
  • Frequent urination
  • Head Zaps
  • Muscle twitching
  • Nausea
  • Nausea vomiting
  • Numbness
  • Skipped heart beats
  • Startle easily
  • TMJ
  • Twitching
  • Warm spells

• Fear of dying
  • Fear of losing control
  • Fear of impending doom
  • Fear of passing out

• Brain fog
  • Dizziness
  • Dizzy
  • Giddiness
  • Numbness

• Low rumbling sounds

• Afraid of everything
  • Brain Fog
  • Depersonalization
  • Derealization
  • Desensitization
  • Disorientation
  • Fear of going crazy
  • Fear of losing control
  • Fear of impending doom
  • Feelings of unreality
  • Nightmares, bad dreams

• Depersonalization
  • Depression
  • Emotions feel wrong

• Choking
  • Constipation
  • Diarrhea
  • Difficulty swallowing
  • Dry mouth
  • IBS
  • Nausea
  • Nausea vomiting
  • Numbness
  • Teeth grinding
  • TMJ
  • Vomiting

• Numbness

• Jolting awake

• Spots in the vision

• Numbness
  • Pain

• Having a heart attack

• Dying prematurely

• Suddenly snapping

• Losing it

• Losing control

• Fainting in public

• Not breathing properly

• Choking or suffocating

• Being alone

Reference and further information here http://www.anxietyce...-symptoms.shtml

This explains a lot of what I have been feeling recently, thank you for posting this

LADA     24

• LADA
  • 55 posts

This post is so insightful! I have had many of these symptoms over the span of a year (almost). I often think of them as death knocking at my front door.Even tho I have had test done. BUT now to see that others have also felt some of the same symptoms I have, helps me feel less alone. Since I always feel that way. I am really appreciate you all sharing. MERCI BEAUCOUP! :)

Voytech     0

• Voytech
  • 1 post
I have sooooo many of these. Like about five in each category. And a lot in the mindset.

Hi. Voytech. Welcome to AC. :).

Well, believe it or not that list is not exhaustive. I could add many more to it. Anxiety is the world's best illusionist. He can conjure up any known illness and a lot of unknown ones. He is a master at it. Now this list can be reminder of how we all fall for the illusion. So many have been cleared by the medics and still don't believe they are OK. Once a negative idea is planted in the mind it's very difficult to shift so don't try. Trying to get rid of negative thoughts is like trying to push a cork under water with one finger. It will pop up somewhere else. Accept it; go with it; examine it, look at it. Has it any reality, any substance. NO! It's only a feeling, a miasma. But we give it substance and reality by the effort we put into trying to get rid of it, and that takes a lot of energy and gets you nowhere.    Jon.

• Like 2

Im glad I found this forum, I have suffered from anxiety physical symptoms for since Feb 2015 and it seems its getting worst anyone going thru the same thing? ive had over more than 100 symptoms on the list. Ive seen my ref doctor, neuro, cardiologist hsd test, blood work and they say its anxiety but how can anxiety make you feel this horrible??? I refuse to take meds to I have try exercise, yoga, therapy, hypnotherapy and nothing seems to work!!! I had sone symptoms back in 2006 but they werent as bad as now they disappeared after a hypnotherapy session and exercise they lasted 7months!! But now its worst!!! Im glad I can post on this forum and know im not alone. family and friends think your crazy I dont have a support system! As im writing this I have pressure on my head and weakness on my arms and uncomfortable feeling on my lower back. Help!!!

Hi There.

As im writing this I have pressure on my head and weakness on my arms and uncomfortable feeling on my lower back. Help!!!

Know the feeling well! But the difference between you and me is I have learned to manage it, and so will you if you go about it in the right way. 

but how can anxiety make you feel this horrible???

Oh boy, can't it just!! The '100 Symptoms of Anxiety' is not exhaustive, I could name 100 more. But the strange thing is none of them is harmful physically, because they exist in one place only, the mind. Now instead of paying so much attention to the physical pay attention to your thinking, because that's where the problem, and the answer lies. There's not a disease known that anxiety can't conjure up provided it's already in your consciousness or unconscious. That's why to 'Google' your symptoms is a big, big mistake. You plant more useless information in your mind and it will surely turn and bite you. You may say, but I have never heard of these symptoms. But your unconscious, at some time, has picked up the information and stored it away for future reference. When you are low and lacking mental energy, it pops up because your mind's resistance to it is weak. Like a weak body will pick up a bug more easily than a strong person physically.

Have a good look round the site and see how others have coped. Good to have you with us, and come back and talk whenever,    Jon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1