ItsViva

Severe Insomnia

I have had insomnia for over 7 months now. I was put on medication which helped but they decided to stop giving me it. I haven't slept in the past week and when I do it's at like 7am. Is there anything I can do to get to sleep? I had to stay off school loads of times because of no sleep and then with anxiety I failed my gcse's for this year.

there are many over the counter things for sleep.  benedryl works well but I wouldn't take that every night.  a natural way is 100% black cherry juice.  a shot glass amount is all it takes.  it has natural melatonin in it.  im sure the health food store has natural sleep aids as well.  hope you get some sleep soon

• Like 1

I hear ya on not being able to sleep till 7am.... I been there. In my case its much earlier (5am) because of work.

I seem to do my best sleeping just before its time to get up.

I can never sleep. I will try... just laying down and closing my eyes makes me start panicking. So i just get back up. And that is my every night. I feel so much safer being up and alert. Wish i could feel safe relaxing laying down. 

Hi rhinogirl.

What do you mean by safe? Do you mean safe from panic because you are awake and can cope better? Now when you lay down as if to sleep the thought immediately clicks in. 'This won't work. I won't be able to sleep', so you give way to it and get up. Now what I'm going to suggest is difficult. When you lay down and feel the panic coming, STAY THERE!! and see the panic through. Let it come and do its worse. Panic has a limited life and the adrenaline that causes the panic is also limited. By getting up and running away from it in fear you generate more fear. Sweat, tremble, feel  sick, let it all happen but remember, these are ALL physical symptoms caused by the WAY YOU THINK. There is nothing wrong physically.

After a while the symptoms won't seem anywhere near as bad because you will have slowed the flow of adrenaline and thus the symptoms of panic. By acceptance you turn off the adrenaline tap.

I am fully aware of what I am asking. I know only too well what you are suffering, but it dawned on me early that running away from anxiety helps not one bit. FACING and ACCEPTING does. You can do this, honest you can. 

It is a bit of loss of control I think, that makes us edgy at night.  The harder our body tries to power down to go to sleep the more our brain is like " but what will happen then ? '

Do you go to bed with a full stomach  even if it's just liquid?  That can cause more sensations in the chest that make me edgy.  Some of these guided meditations are  just for sleep and I'm sure would help you out.  

I've had problems with staying asleep since a young age, now still have them. Its horrible actually. I have trouble falling asleep but also sometimes get nightmares or wake up at the middle of the night. Seen doctors about that...nothing really helps, so do not know what to do about that, tried pills, they work but just for the time, not a long term thing. Any advice?

Hi, anybody else here know about this item D'oxyva? I came across this on the Internet and the product seemed so amazing that I wanna try it out. I have sleeping disorders and wanna get rid of this as soon as possible. As I browsed the internet, there are a lot of articles regarding with this product that it could be a great help to overcome sleep disorders,  feedbacks followed. If anyone knows and already tried this item, I'm looking forward to your response.

Hello Ad_alina and Bridgette,

I saw this thread and I think I can really help you. Yes, I have a device called doxyva. Actually I'm using it for many purposes not just for sleeping disorder but for also to treat my diabetes. Just like you, I suffered sleepless nights for almost a year but thankfully I found this device. Nothing is impossible with this item, it really amazed me. My sugar level is in normal state not like before and I can sleep with peace at night. One thing is for sure, dyoxyva is good for you, I agree 100%. 

I would try Melatonin.