Vpunkrock

My Brain Doesn't Shut Up

Hello! So I've been 'suffering' from this thing for like a year now. My brain doesn't shut up! Like never?! I can't sleep or focus on things properly. Because of this I'm always tired and the thing is I'm not thinking about spesific problems. I think about literally everything. Also sometimes my brain gets stuck on a sentence or a word and I hear it in a never stopping loop. Some nights it gets so intense that I just want to shoot myself. Music helps a lot but I can't listen to music every second. Please help

• Like 1

Hey V !  That sounds like OCD and ' intrusive thinking'.  It's pretty common. Good news is you're not a weirdo or the only one with this going on. So take a little comfort from that. The best way to push away a thought you don't want is to fill the time with another thought. It can be hard to push away intrusive thoughts with more positive ones but it can be done.  Even if it's only a few here and there, just try.  

On June 15, 2016 at 11:46 AM, JOYCICLE said:

Hey V !  That sounds like OCD and ' intrusive thinking'.  It's pretty common. Good news is you're not a weirdo or the only one with this going on. So take a little comfort from that. The best way to push away a thought you don't want is to fill the time with another thought. It can be hard to push away intrusive thoughts with more positive ones but it can be done.  Even if it's only a few here and there, just try.  

Hello! Thank you for answering but the thing is I don't want to push away just one thought I just want to not think about anything. Like I said before I'm not thinking about a specific thing. There is just so much going on in there and it makes me exhausted.

when I was doing this I would slowly count while slowly breathing.  if you focus on one thing (looking at an object) take a deep inhale (count 1), hold it for a while and then slowly blow out (count 2), inhale deeply again (3) hold then exhale (4).  so with each inhale and exhale you would count.  it helped me to calm down and I was focused on the counting and breathing that it would take my mind from being like a broken record and repeating thoughts.  I would also put on a show that made me laugh and kept my attention.  I wouldn't laugh cuz I was always so consumed with anxiety but for me I would watch ellen DeGeneres show and it took my  mind off of things and I found myself hysterically laughing.

9 hours ago, KH84 said:

when I was doing this I would slowly count while slowly breathing.  if you focus on one thing (looking at an object) take a deep inhale (count 1), hold it for a while and then slowly blow out (count 2), inhale deeply again (3) hold then exhale (4).  so with each inhale and exhale you would count.  it helped me to calm down and I was focused on the counting and breathing that it would take my mind from being like a broken record and repeating thoughts.  I would also put on a show that made me laugh and kept my attention.  I wouldn't laugh cuz I was always so consumed with anxiety but for me I would watch ellen DeGeneres show and it took my  mind off of things and I found myself hysterically laughing.

Thank you! I will try this I hope it works!

I had this to every now and then.. but writing thing down helped a lot.. usually when the mind was to buzzy or exited, by writing down things the fear of forgetting about tasks or solutions for the coming day or days vanishes.

Also started playing guitar lately.. did up few tracks about an hour long on youtube, under the same name.. listening to it usually resulted in falling a sleep very fast..

On 6/14/2016 at 7:35 AM, Vpunkrock said:

Hello! So I've been 'suffering' from this thing for like a year now. My brain doesn't shut up! Like never?! I can't sleep or focus on things properly. Because of this I'm always tired and the thing is I'm not thinking about spesific problems. I think about literally everything. Also sometimes my brain gets stuck on a sentence or a word and I hear it in a never stopping loop. Some nights it gets so intense that I just want to shoot myself. Music helps a lot but I can't listen to music every second. Please help

I can't sleep as I have palpitations all the time. As soon as I lay down Bang, they start