Sign in to follow this  
kingusama92

Game of Thrones

Anyone following this series?

The second season has started.

The books have been amazing, for those that have read them. The series is quite something as well. The characters are wonderfully put together and there is a new twist almost every episode.

Can be mighty graphic in some scenes, but it adds instead of taking away from the series.

I haven't read the books, but the show is sick. I like it a lot.

I've been reading the books since 1999 or 2000, whenever the third one came out. I really love them and I really love the show, too. I feel like it has been very true to the books, more than any other show based on books that I can think of. Tyrion and Arya are probably my favorite characters and I think their story lines are the most interesting by far.

char2011: The Game of Thrones series on HBO is based on a fantasy book series by George R. R. Martin. He is considered by critics to be the "modern-day Tolkein". The series can't really be described easily in a few words. The basic premise is that different "families" are vying for the throne in a fantasy kingdom. It is so easy for the viewer/reader to become immersed in the world and characters portrayed in both the series and the books.

Personally, I enjoy the TV series more than the books. George R. R. Martin gets a little wordy in his descriptions, in my opinion.

I am absolutely loving this show and it is my favorite show on television. My favorite character being Tyrion Lannister even though I don't like his family. First season was great but the second was even better. It is a shame that we have to wait a year for season 3. With season 2 I felt there was a lot of stuff going on which is good but when the finale came around some things left untouched or left unsaid. I haven't read the books but it will definitely be something I will get into now that season 2 has completely. Peter Dinklage is probably the best actor on television at the moment in my opinion and was glad when he won an emmy for this show.

I am absolutely loving this show and it is my favorite show on television. My favorite character being Tyrion Lannister even though I don't like his family. First season was great but the second was even better. It is a shame that we have to wait a year for season 3. With season 2 I felt there was a lot of stuff going on which is good but when the finale came around some things left untouched or left unsaid. I haven't read the books but it will definitely be something I will get into now that season 2 has completely. Peter Dinklage is probably the best actor on television at the moment in my opinion and was glad when he won an emmy for this show.

I share your sentiments. I like Peter Dinklage from his character in Death at a Funeral, which he played in both UK and US version (I think). He is one of the best actors at the moment and I love his nonchalant attitude in GOT.

I despise the little pr*ck of a prince, which is now the King. It's Joffrey or Jeoffrey? I have always liked Lena Headey, so it was good to see her in GOT. I haven't read the books, which I'm going to get into soon (I hope!).

I have been hearing the buzz on this show but I havent watched a single episode of it. I guess it's time! Based on the comments here, I think it's very promising! :-)

I loved the season finale to Season 2 i thought it was one of the best episodes yet :D