Sign in to follow this  
Mamaisanxious3

Would I know after 18 months if I had AL*??? Please respond I beg you

I’ve posted here before—- sorry.

I’ve  been doing pretty good with my anxiety. 
Been  twitching for 18 months. Back pain for a year. Still living normal life ( do experience odd twinges and tingles) will also feel like sometimes my knees will slide forward when I walk on occasion( no one can notice this but me , I’ve never fallen, ect) 

also just had a Massage and the the therapist starts venting to me about her dad who just passed away from als……. I couldn’t believe it. Is this a sign?!?!

i logged in after a long break and saw someone say they have read about als patients presenting with back pain. I’m gutted and freaking out big time. Can someone please help and reassure me ? Please? I had a clean EMG 8 months ago

Anxiety and worry are definite causes of back pain, and also very common causes of back pain. Muscle tension in general often comes with worry. I've been there myself. In fact, I had back pain this morning because I was worrying about something. 

It could be anything - nerve, muscle, "tardive dyskinesia" - ALS is a bit of a stretch, especially after 18 months.

Should I be encouraged about the clean report from the neurologist? Should I put this fear away with no weakness? 

the words a bit of a stretch scare me badly 

I do have a compressed disc at l/4 l5 that I am seeing a chiro for. 
I just got scared because abuse of someone here saying there is a connection 

me knees don’t buckle it’s more of lose ligaments from years of  playing catching 

I can still work out rock climb play volley ball run, ect

please I just need some encouragement, I hate this 😖

As I have said in other posts on this forum, I know of 2 people who I knew very well who passed away from ALS. My friend's wife passed away at age 62 in December 2020 and my client's sister's husband at age 73, in December 2017.  Both of their initial symptoms were slurred speech. 

Thank you Marc. I’m 31 and healthy- just not mentally obviously. My mistake was reading something on this forum that was probably said without research and it sent me into a tailspin. I know logically that back pain is common and not related to the “thing” especially if I have zero weakness. My physical state hasn’t changed in 18months- just my mental anxiety. It so hard I wish I had never googled this.