Sign in to follow this  
sTeaLth

Weird Tingle/Crawl Feeling On Heel When Touched

I have had crawling tingles off and on for about a year now in different spots on both feet. I’ve labeled it sciatica and it does disappear for days at a time. I sit a lot for work and recreation. A few days ago my left heel start doing this weird feeling almost like it’s half asleep. It only bothers me if I brush my finger across it, or have on a sock that rubs it, wear shoes, walk, etc. If I just sit or something, I forget about it until something hits it. Basically, it makes that weird crawl feeling for a second or two and then goes away. Very bizarre. I’m curious if this is also related to what I think is my other sciatica issues. Anyone have some experience with this?

A number of years ago I had crawling/tingling sensations on the top of my head. They persisted off and on for a while and I got a little concerned. I went to my ENT physician and I talked him into giving me an MRI of my brain. For the insurance to pay for it, I had to say I had tinnitus. The MRI was clear and the tingling and crawling sensations were attributed to tension in my neck, back and/or shoulders. 

• Like 1

I’m willing to bet it’s sciatica or pinched nerves. I am going to try doing more stretching and exercises like I did early on with feet stuff in hopes of improvement. Thanks for the reply. 

18 hours ago, sTeaLth said:

I’m willing to bet it’s sciatica or pinched nerves. I am going to try doing more stretching and exercises like I did early on with feet stuff in hopes of improvement. Thanks for the reply. 

I have a weird tingling like that in my right heel.  It started when I took a shoe off after mowing my yard.  It feels like something tore, like a muscle or tendon.  Gently stretching seems to help as long as I don't go too far.

• Like 1

Interesting.  I have realized that it is almost none existent in the morning when I wake up.  So apparently, sleeping and laying down for long periods of time makes it diminish.  Just another reason it is sounding more and more like a pinched nerve or something similar.  I can't think of anything life threatening that could cause my heel to tingle and feel partially asleep, but my anxiety is trying anyway.  Just mark this off as another thing my anxiety tried to cling to and cause me to focus on.  It almost caused a mini panic attack yesterday morning when I was examining.  I thought my ankles/heels were different sizes for a few minutes.  I then realized that I am an idiot and investigating is going to no one any good.  Here is hoping it continues to improve and disappears.  Thanks for your reply.

• Like 1