Sign in to follow this  
jonathan123

AS BEST A CHRISTMAS AS POSSIBLE.

To everyone, past and present members, I do hope you have as happy as possible a Christmas. This time of year can be very trying for those with anxiety. It so often happens too much is expected of us and we may well be feeling low.  Guilt so often comes into it too. But Christmas is all about a new beginning. It is possible and it can happen. In the US you will have new President. Here in the UK we have a new Brexit deal. You may look at the New Year with apprehension. But it is new and can be full of promise. It's the year when you will work to be rid of anxiety. You can do it and you will!!! CHRISTMAS BLESSINGS TO ALL. 

• Like 5

Merry Christmas to you, Jonathan, and all who celebrate it. My anxiety always increases around the holidays, this year is no exception, but it hasn’t been quite as bad because there is little expectation to have a big Christmas as usual.

Merry Christmas @jonathan123 and everyone. It's been a tough year and an especially tough holiday season. I've cried an awful lot lately but that might actually be good for me. Releasing the bad feelings helps to keep the anxiety away. May we all be safe and happy where ever we are and whatever we celebrate. I can't tell you all how much you've helped me in the past and continue to help me daily. I appreciate you all.

Thanks jonathan! Happy New Year! I didn't feel this year different because my anxiety had been the same since last two years and I didn't feel different. But still I cannot say anything since it is the very first day. There is no way to escape. You can't just sit and wait for a miracle to happen. No one can help you as much as you can. Sometimes people come into your life because they are a medium,but still the decision is always yours either to heal or not? Life is always unpredictable. There Is nothing we can defeat except death. 
I just want people to know that mental health is as important as physical. 
Whenever you feel as in you're in depression or anxiety, must do a few things 
-Breathe 
- Go for a walk
-Talk to some
-Read Forums/Blogs
-Listen to Music
- Relocate
- Go for a Drive
I read these tips shared by an Expert and I felt like sharing with the people who are on the same path with me. Some others you can find here (  https://ezcareclinic.com/top-3-mental-health-tips-from-15-practicing-professionals/ )
Have a blessed year ahead! 

• Like 1

Hi. JJ. You are so right, only we can help ourselves in the long run. But I would add this proviso, with help and understanding from others who have been there.  I think this is so important. It's a long hard road we travel, but the destination is well worth the hardships. I found that I emerged from anxiety a better more understanding person than when I went in. It's not a 'breakdown' but a means to 'breakthrough' into a new level of understanding. We can help fellow sufferers because we know only too well what anxiety can do to one. Advice from anyone who has not been there is usually pretty useless.  Thanks for your helpful post. Take care and a good New Year to you.

• Like 1