davide.h

Clonozepam

Recommended Posts

I take 1.5 mgs of it each day, divided into threes. Because of the holidays it's been slow to be refilled. I took a dose yestereday, but none today. It will take 2 or 3 days for it to get here. Scared the withdrawal will physically harm me. I'm terrified. Is there some way to get it sooner? please please help!! 😥

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife is a pharmacist and she sees people who take 2mg twice a day. In the meantime you could try L Theanine or call your physician and maybe you can pick it up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only reason I use CVS is that it is nationwide, and I know for a fact they'll give me one or two pills if I forgot them while traveling or waiting on a refill.  Are you waiting on a script by mail?  Is it somehow linked to a local brick and mortar you can go to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The good stuff about benzos is that we use them against health anxiety while they are carcinogenic through the roof. A Taiwan study had them increasing the risk of glioblastoma by 1000%. Nice and cosy aren't they? One has to use the shortest benzo regimen possible and rely on other drugs as to bring down anxiety. Antihistamines can work to that end, albeit less potent. The best way is to make use of relaxation techniques based on breathing. They work if you are serious about training daily . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ZenCube said:

The good stuff about benzos is that we use them against health anxiety while they are carcinogenic through the roof. A Taiwan study had them increasing the risk of glioblastoma by 1000%. Nice and cosy aren't they? One has to use the shortest benzo regimen possible and rely on other drugs as to bring down anxiety. Antihistamines can work to that end, albeit less potent. The best way is to make use of relaxation techniques based on breathing. They work if you are serious about training daily . 

This isn’t the place to post stuff like this. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I prefer people to know the truth and give them the option to stay healthy. It's long term use we're talking about. The best is to find a way to slowly quit using benzos. Benzos aren't meant to be used on the long run and will bring more harm than good over years of usage. I understand people are afraid, but they will be even more if they don't know and keep using until something bad happens. The analogy with smoking is obvious: should we refrain from warning smokers about lung cancer risk because it is 'scary' to hear about it? Stay healthy, go off benzos. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ZenCube- are you a doctor? Just wondering, as telling someone to come off their medication is extremely reckless, especially when you don't know why they're on it, or their medical history. All medication has risks, but we weigh up the benefits against them. Davide, don't worry, speak to your doctor regarding the risks, it's highly unlikely anything bad will come of them for you, antihistamines have risks, PPIs have risks, hell, even paracetamol has risks, but millions of people take them all daily as the benefits outweigh them. I hope you're okay @davide.h, and your medication got to you alright 🙂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shanowl80 said:

I’ve been on Klonopin for over 5 years. Just wanted to say your are not alone. 

Thank you, I am trying to get off of it. Seeing a specialist who will help ween me off of it. First time was in person but she said we can do remote sessions after that. Send a private message if you'd like Shanowl, you're nice. 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AriaRen said:

@ZenCube- are you a doctor? Just wondering, as telling someone to come off their medication is extremely reckless, especially when you don't know why they're on it, or their medical history. All medication has risks, but we weigh up the benefits against them. Davide, don't worry, speak to your doctor regarding the risks, it's highly unlikely anything bad will come of them for you, antihistamines have risks, PPIs have risks, hell, even paracetamol has risks, but millions of people take them all daily as the benefits outweigh them. I hope you're okay @davide.h, and your medication got to you alright 🙂

 

Actually I've been a medical student yes. But that's not the question. Of course I'm not saying to quit just because I advise to, I advocate people should try and stop benzos with the help of their doctors if the latter think it's OK to quit. Don't get all worked up, I'm trying to help as we all do here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2020 at 3:15 AM, ZenCube said:

I prefer people to know the truth and give them the option to stay healthy. It's long term use we're talking about. The best is to find a way to slowly quit using benzos. Benzos aren't meant to be used on the long run and will bring more harm than good over years of usage. I understand people are afraid, but they will be even more if they don't know and keep using until something bad happens. The analogy with smoking is obvious: should we refrain from warning smokers about lung cancer risk because it is 'scary' to hear about it? Stay healthy, go off benzos. 

We don’t know if this is short term usage, mid term, or long term. We also don’t know why his doctor chose a long acting benzo over other meds or all of David’s health history. Personally, I don’t have HA, but am on .25mg in AM and .75mg in PM. I need this to manage my epilepsy (among other health issues); and so the benifits out way the risks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2020 at 12:40 AM, Total Eclipse said:

We don’t know if this is short term usage, mid term, or long term. We also don’t know why his doctor chose a long acting benzo over other meds or all of David’s health history. Personally, I don’t have HA, but am on .25mg in AM and .75mg in PM. I need this to manage my epilepsy (among other health issues); and so the benifits out way the risks. 

Medicine and especially drug management is all about benefit/risk odds. As a general rule addressing anxiety with benzos is meant for as short a duration as possible. The problem is benzos make such a good job depressing the CNS and addressing anxiety in the short run, it's not that easy achieving an efficient relay (which antidepressants are often meant to take on). That's why many anxiety-ridden patients wind up having long term benzo prescriptions albeit medical litterature advising against. Withdrawal from benzos, of course, has to be scheduled and managed with a physician, even better with a psychiatrist expert in the field. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ZenCube said:

Medicine and especially drug management is all about benefit/risk odds. As a general rule addressing anxiety with benzos is meant for as short a duration as possible. The problem is benzos make such a good job depressing the CNS and addressing anxiety in the short run, it's not that easy achieving an efficient relay (which antidepressants are often meant to take on). That's why many anxiety-ridden patients wind up having long term benzo prescriptions albeit medical litterature advising against. Withdrawal from benzos, of course, has to be scheduled and managed with a physician, even better with a psychiatrist expert in the field. 

Right. Again, no one knows David’s past medical plan, all his DX and why his doctor felt benzodiazepines in this stage of his treatment was the best. We also don’t know how he reacts to anti-depression medicine. 

I don’t get the whole benzo withdrawal. I can miss several dosages without feeling it. I only start to go back on when my epileptic auras get worse. I had a script of 15 tablets of Ativan for anxiety that lasted me 3 years 🤷🏻‍♀️

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife is a long time pharnacist and in her journals it says that more testing needs to be done to establish a definite increase in cancer risk from  benzos. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.