Sign in to follow this  
Nat1996

Panicking about COVID 😭

I’ve been having high anxiety lately so I know I could possibly blame some of my symptoms on that but I made the stupid mistake of reading so many peoples experiences with COVID on Reddit. I freaked out today thinking I could have it because my upper back and neck are so sore, I’m extremely tired, vision seems weird, throat feels kind of swollen/sore at times and I’ve been feeling short of breath which I know can also be anxiety. 

I am freaking out so bad thinking I have COVID and I’m for sure going to die. I also looked up how many people in their 20’s have died from it and I couldn’t stop clicking on every website even though each one scared me even more than the last. 

I have put in the request online for the test and they should call me tomorrow but not knowing if I have it or not is literally making my skin crawl. I’m petrified I’m going to wake up in the morning with severe respiratory distress and end up in the hospital. Somebody please help 😭

I had 2 friends of mine who had Covid-19 and they are fine now after around 3-4 weeks and they did not have to be hospitalized as they just recuperated at home. 

• Like 1

I get it. I know it’s hard to ignore when you read that sometimes younger people do die from COVID but you should try to put that into perspective. Most people in their 20s don’t die or even get seriously ill. Many don’t even show symptoms, which is part of why it spreads so easily. Are you afraid of the flu too? I don’t know the numbers (and I hope someone will correct me if I’m wrong) but I would guess COVID is not much more dangerous for healthy people in their 20s than the good old fashioned flu is. So if you don’t have anxiety during flu season there’s not a lot of reason for you to have anxiety about COVID either. Most of what you should worry about is making sure to not spread it to older or more vulnerable people. I hope this helps.

• Like 1

I might have been exposed last week. I am being tested tomorrow morning. I have no symptoms. 

• Like 1

Hi friends, I haven't been here in awhile just popped in to see how everyone is doing. 

I am currently 25 days after symptom onset. Got covid from my son who is a medic. 

Truthfully I have been sicker with other viruses. That said this one is a bit different in it's behavior. The first thing the dr said after he told me my test was positive was.. it's not as bad as the media makes it out to be. 

It's scary because they've scared us everyday for the last 9 months. Sure some get really sick but most do not. 

I had a mild/moderate textbook case of symptoms short of phase 2 which is covid pneumonia. 

Symptoms linger longer than regular flu which is annoying. Im still tired and can't taste or smell. 

• Like 1

Thank you to everyone who answered me and eased my mind. My results ended up coming back negative and you’re right @GoogleUGrad49 I don’t fear the flu at all and thankfully my Covid fear has subsided a bit. I’ve gone through waves throughout this pandemic of totally freaking out then almost being the person saying it isn’t even real. Now I am more educated and understand it is a real concern but nothing something I need to fear for my life over. 

Thanks again everyone!

I had a guy in my men's group catch it in early November.  I found out about his positive case nine days after we saw him and he had no symptoms that day we saw him. 

He was out for two weeks in quarantine - coughing, sneezing, achy, but no fever!

He still had reduced sense of smell or taste through mid-December.

If you're not over 60 and / or presenting with conditions called comorbidities (diabetes, heart or lung conditions, obesity, etc.) there's no reason to be fearful as it more often than not winds up being a begnin infection. Keep your mask when socializing, maintain the distance and wash your hands regularly, you should be all right. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZenCube said:

If you're not over 60 and / or presenting with conditions called comorbidities (diabetes, heart or lung conditions, obesity, etc.) there's no reason to be fearful as it more often than not winds up being a begnin infection. Keep your mask when socializing, maintain the distance and wash your hands regularly, you should be all right. 

Yep, it was already nine days before we found out, but we would have had symptoms by then.  Nobody caught it and we didn't have to be tested.

My decade age group 40-49 has the highest number of cases in my state, but ZERO deaths! 

My mother got the first of two vaccines yesterday.  She turned 73 on Christmas Day, is in assisted living, and was in the hospital in early 2018 for pre-symptoms of congestive heart failure.  Basically, she drank 16-18 cups of water a day (she had a big white cup that was really 16oz size) and didn't exercise for months, so the fluid builds to the point you can't move or breathe.  They had to catheterize her and she literally expelled 78 pounds through urination.  To me, that was more than enough to have her get the vaccine.  She's been fine, but confined to the house for the last six months - I wasn't able to visit her in person until her birthday.