Tyrfing616

Are these heart palpitations?

So, I've been worrying about my heart a bit here and there, lately things have improved. I've a steady pulse so things are alright there, but every day I get a little flutter in my chest, usually upper left. It'll either be a small flutter or just like a... thud, I guess. Thing is, while these happen often they only last a split second. It's not like pounding, and it's not prolonged so I wonder if it's heart palpitations or maybe something more like a nearby muscle twitching instead?

It could be either of those things, palpitations or muscle spasms/twitching. I get the flutter/thud palpitations as well as chest muscle twitching as well. No need to worry.

This also happens to me but sometimes mine lasts a few seconds and then goes away. I would agree it’s nothing to stress over 🙂 

7 hours ago, Tyrfing616 said:

do you guys get them every day though? I get them especially during night hours, like around now for me.

Sometimes, yes. Just depends on my current stress/anxiety levels, whether I've been sleeping well, eating well, etc.

I get them as well, I hate that flutter feeling you get up into your throat. Heart palpitations scare the shit outta me, I’ve had a lot of testing done on my heart because of it and everything is good. Stress and anxiety definitely play into it. It sucks but just try to stay calm and breath through it. Makes me feel better I’m not alone haha. 

2 hours ago, icantbestill29 said:

I get them a lot, especially at night and during times of stress. 

That sucks. Crazy to think how many people have this issue, mine are through out the whole day come and go, I could be fine for a week and then they come back. I suppose it could always be worse... 

Hi. Justin. Palpitations are harmless. If you have been checked out by your doctor then believe them. Actually the heart  gives two beats to make up for the lost one. Palpitations precipitated me into anxiety many years ago. I was at work when it happened and it frightened me. I have worn out so many ECG machines it's unbelievable. 😂 I just did not believe them when I was told what it was. Palpitations are one of the worse symptoms of anxiety because they frighten us and thus lead to more anxiety. I still get them now and then, but it is always when I am a bit uptight about something. I began to say to myself when they occur , 'here we go again' and get on with what I was doing with acceptance. They do pass if we don't add fear to fear.  Take care.     John.

Hi John. 

I feel you on wearing out the ecg machines (haha). Definitely scares the shit outta you right? I’m glad to see I’m not alone in this crap. You’re right about the anxiety and fear playing into them, try to stay calm doesn’t always work. But hey just smoke some cannabis and it helps, doesn’t take them away but helps you forget haha, 

cheers 

A cardiologist told me that palpitations are typically harmless, unless you have underlying heart disease.