BejeweledMexican

Random Hand Bruise- Leukemia?!?

Freaking out because I came home from work tonight and found a bruise on my hand, and not a small one! This was not there a couple of hours ago and I’m freaking out. I know that unexplained bruising and severe bruising are both part of leukemia and now I’m terrified. My friend thinks I just hit it on something but I don’t remember hitting it on anything and I feel like it would have been something I’d remember! I do work a lot with my hands at work like washing dishes and stuff but I do that all the time and never have I had a hand bruise before. It’s between my fingers....I’m so freaked out!!!! 

15 hours ago, Ms.Moon said:

Did you touch something might it be some sort of allergic reaction.

No it’s a real bruise. It doesn’t look as bad today but it still looks bad! I’m just so scared. And today I’m really sleepy! 

I get weird cuts and bruises sometimes that seem to come out of nowhere and I can't even remember how they happened. 

The most common cause of easy or unexplained bruising is anemia actually, I think generally iron deficiency anemia to be exact (which also causes fatigue). Maybe you should have your iron checked (maybe B12 too).

I feel you though. I get really incredible bruising because of my Psoriatic Arthritis (which also makes me anemic, go figure)... and it can be distressing. I got a cranberry sized hematoma on my arm once and tbh thought the exact same thing because it was there for idek... like a month and the bruise was about the size of a plum.

Bodies are weird... and I really wish they weren't. 😓

If you had leukemia you would be bruised all over, not only in one spot. You would also be extremely fatigued, most likely feverish, you would be bleeding from the gums, you would lose weight rapidly... Nothing what you describe. 

And you don't need to hit something to get a bruise, sometimes a blood vessel bursts for no reason and a bruise ensues. You're fine! 😊