Full Member
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

52 Excellent

About BrokenArrow

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    New York

Recent Profile Visitors

2114 profile views
  1. My kids teacher had covid. Pretty sure he brought it home to me. My kid was sick for about a week and he's fine now. Well, right after that I got sick. I don't have shortness of breath or anything really bad but what I do have is probably the worst congestion of my life. I blow my nose every 30 seconds or so all day long. I also have a pretty bad sinus pressure headache basically all day long. I lost my sense of taste and smell about 4 days ago and I still have absolutely nothing back. I have been dealing with the overall symptoms for about a week or so, maybe 8-9 days. I don't really seem to be getting any worse, but I don't really seem to be getting any better either. I don't really know what to do here. I don't want to go to the hospital or the doctor just for a stuffy nose, I feel that it kind of a waste of time but I'm just so worried I'm gonna end up getting a ton worse out of no where. Right now my daily tasks are pretty much the same. No fever, no shortness of breath, no extreme tiredness but this congestion is just insane, worst I've ever had times 10. Also, I haven't been tested so it might not even be covid, I'm sure it is but I don't know for 100% certain. I just wanna feel better and be able to breathe out of my nose.
  2. I actually woke up feeling pretty good today. I went to bed pretty early last night. Shut off all the lights and blasted a humidifier on the highest setting. Seemed to do the trick for my headache. Woke up with really no head pain at all. Biggest issue right now is a tight lower back, but thats much more tolerable then a agonizing headache. Big thing I need to do now is eat more. Other then a couple slices of toast I haven't really eaten anything in days. Think I'm headed in the right direction though.
  3. Thanks for asking! Unfortunately I think I might have fibromyalga. I was "kinda" diagnosed with it like 2 years ago. I had horrible body aches. Super stiff neck, back, chest, and massive light sensitivity. I went to a psychiatrist and she guessed fibro, but she never took it any further. Well 2 years ago when I did this, I lost my job and almost lost every thing. I had about a 2 month flare up where it hurt like hell to even turn my head, and thats basically where I am at now. The light sensitivity is awful. I can hardly even look at my computer screen. The sad thing is I woke up feeling good. I drank alot of water last night and had a 32 ounce gatoraid today and 3 pieces of garlic toast. I think I pushed myself too far. I went outside and started cleaning up my backyard and the headache that can charging back almost knocked me over. My forehead and my eyes are just terrible. I've called out of work the past two days in a row and I feel like I'm starting to spiral out of control.
  4. I am a avid bowler. I am in multiple leagues and I practice basically every day. I average over 100 games a week. No thats not a typo, 1-0-0 a week. Basically I think my main issue might have been dehydration. The past couple days I have woke up with dry mouth like sand paper and my urine has been almost orange. I don't really drink much of anything other then coffee and I'm sure thats a bad idea. I just drank 2 bottles of water and I already feel better. Still alittle dizzy if I move my head fast or if I go from dark to light, but I think I'm improving.
  5. That’s what I’m debating doing. Eating kinda scares me when I get like this because of my fear of vomiting but I known few crackers shouldn’t hurt. I just sucked it up and went to Walmart and bought some lavender epsom salt. Running a bath right now. Hopefully it should help. It def smells great.
  6. I did. I drank 2 cups of coffee. It helped alittle but it also kinda upset my stomach because I haven’t really eaten anything in the past 48 hours. Seems like a lose lose situation
  7. I haven’t. I wish I could but I don’t have any more at my house and I’m in way too much pain to go out.
  8. Over the past 2 days or so my entire muscle system has been so tight I can hardly move. My tension headache is absolutely agonizing. I have been exercising alittle more lately and I have also tried to cut down on my caffeine intake and I'm sure they are both playing a factor. However this is horrible. My knees, elbows, thighs, lower back, and temples feel like they are all in vise grips. I could really use any help with trying to relax them. I've been doing the hot bath thing, and it kinda works but they tighten back up once I get out.
  9. Today was basically like any other day. I went to work and everything was fine. Then out of no where I got a really bad cramp in my upper back between my shoulder blades. I tried to just stretch and get over it but it wasn't working. It ended up going into my chest and into my shoulders. I tried going outside for a few mins to calm down and figured I would go back in once the muscle tightness went away. Well, while I was outside I pulled out my phone and I have this program on there that tells you your pulse if you hold your finger up to the camera. It was 144. I had a MELT DOWN. I swore I was having a heart attack and went home freaking out. That was roughly 5 hours ago. Now I know that if I had a heart attack 5 hours ago and did nothing about it, it wouldn't be good. I do understand that it was probably just some random cramp that I blew way out of proportion. The hard thing right now is I keep taking my pulse over and over and its constantly over 100. Its been between 110 and 140 since this has happened. I know the smart thing to do is to stop taking it and just let myself calm down. But I can't. I don't think I'm going to actually calm down until I see a number less then 100.
  10. Every time I seem to get myself worried about something I wake up the next day and I am stiff as a board. My entire body is just basically one giant cramp. The worst is the shoulders. I have tried a hot shower, I have tried tea and I have tried light exercise. All of which helped, but none of which seemed to make it fully go away. I'm at the point where I'm almost in tears because my shoulders are so tight. Any help would be much appreciated
  11. Well, hello, everyone. It's been a while since I've been here. I've been doing quite good for quite some time. However, I find myself back on anxiety train. My biggest concern has always been stomach issues and the thought of vomiting. For a while I was horrible thinking that I had appendix issues, and gallbladder issues, every type of cancer in that area and so forth and so on. Well, this morning my wife woke up vomiting pretty constantly. We spent the entire day in the hospital with them running tests and to make a long story short they told her she had a stomach bug and sent her home. After some anti-vomiting medicine and some rest she seems to be doing okay. However, my 2 year old woke up about an hour ago and threw up. He only did it once and it hasn't happened since the first time. He is sleeping soundly again and acts like it never happened. My wife looked like death this morning but seems to be fine now. My 4 year old is showing no symptoms and not acting sick at all and neither is my 1 year old. I also am showing no symptoms. I am terrified that I will wake up in the middle of the night with uncontrollable vomiting. Probably my worst fear in the world is vomiting and I feel like I am destined to catch it from either my wife or my 2 year old. My 2 year old went right back to bed after my wife cleaned him up and they are both sleeping. I can't sleep. I keep having gas and a bile taste in my mouth and I am fearing the worst. I understand that a stomach bug isn't the end of the world but it is just a fear I have never been able to shake. I pace the floors and I find myself shaking and sweating just at the thought of vomiting. I have been washing my hands frequently and trying my best to avoid getting sick, but I just worry so much that it is inevitable.
  12. Just rest up. If by some chance you did catch the flu then the best thing you can do is drink clear liquid and rest up. It just has to pass out of your system. Judging by your profile picture you look young and healthy. You are not in any risk groups that have serious complications from the flu. The biggest concern you should have is dehydration from either excessive nose blowing, diarrhea or vomiting (if you even have the latter 2.) Drink up and rest up. No one likes being sick, but it will pass. Grab a book or binge watch something on netflix. I know it's easier said then done but try not to think about it. A lot of anxiety symptoms run parallel with flu symptoms so your worry is only playing into your issues more. Also, just because you are coughing and have phlegm doesn't always mean flu. That is a classic symptom of a common cold also. Take some over the counter pain reliever if you'd like such as Tylenol.
  13. Alright - To make a long story short, I have had a cold for about 2 weeks. The classic cold symptoms. Runny nose, cough, soar throat blah blah blah. I went to work the other day and a co-worker suggested drinking some orange juice because I guess the vitamin c is good for a cold, and the acidity of it is good for breaking up mucus. Well I told the co-worker no I can't drink it because I have acid reflux disease and it will give me major heartburn and other stomach issues. They told me that it won't be that bad and that I should really do it to get over the cold. So against my better judgement I go out on my lunch break and I buy a bottle of orange juice. It was about a 16 oz bottle. I drank probably 2/3rds of it. The rest of the night I had horrible gas, bloating, and nausea. When I woke up this morning all the problems were still there. I think they are getting alittle bit better, but I still feel gassy and I'm really kicking myself because I know better then to drink orange juice and I gave in and did it anyway. Does anyone else have issues with orange juice or something along them lines?
  14. It all started last night. I work nights and I was totally fine all night at work. I got home around 2:30 am and my wife had some lasagna made for me to eat. I have acid reflux and I knew from the first bite that it wasn't going to agree with me. My wife put extra cheese on mine to try to fight the heart burn but it didn't really work. I ate about half a bowl of it and gave the other half to my dog. Right after the meal I had to go to the bathroom. It was a completely normal bowl movement. About 10 mins or so after it I started getting an odd feeling in my stomach. Mild nausea also but that is very common for me. Most of my anxiety attacks are stomach and bowl movement related so I didn't think much of it. Then my stomach started gurgling and growling really loudly. I was up all night freaking out that I had the stomach flu or food poisoning or something along them lines. I got a really bad headache and cramps basically all over my body. The worst being in my upper back and shoulders. I went to the bathroom numerous times trying to see if I needed to have another bowl movement but nothing came out. I was up until about 12:30 pm this afternoon worrying. Finally I fell asleep until about 2. I woke up and jumped up and picked right back up where I left off. Convinced I have food poisoning or a stomach virus. Around 2:30 I had another bowl movement which was somewhere between loose and normal. A mixture of diarrhea and solid. I haven't been able to go back to bed and I have been scared out of my mind all day. I am super tired, which is probably just from not sleeping, but I keep telling myself it is because I am sick. I have been pacing the house and shaking for the past 15 hours with only that hour and a half break where I took a nap. My wife and kids show no symptoms of being sick and they all ate the same thing I did. My wife also tells me that if I had a stomach bug then pacing back and forth for hours on end would upset it more, but I won't listen. My stomach still gurgles here and there, mainly only when I think about it. I'm trying to tell myself that 15 hours into a stomach bug I would be displaying a lot more noticeable symptoms by now, but the panic side of me won't listen. Any thoughts or reassurance would be great.
  15. Yesterday morning I woke up totally fine but a few mins after I got up I had some growling in my stomach and some gas pain. Nothing too bad and for the most part I ignored it. It continued on throughout the day. Gas pains, excessive burping and mild stomach cramps. I ended up having 4 bowl movements yesterday which is very rare for me. I usually have one a day, sometimes not even once a day. The 4 that I had yesterday go worse as the day went on. The first one was normal, the second one was mostly normal but a little on the looser side, the third one was a mix between diarrhea and solid and the last was pure diarrhea. I have been able to drink and eat and hold everything down with no vomiting. I do feel bloated and uncomfortable though. I kept waking up last night with stomach pains. I think I am freaking myself out more then anything, but part of me thinks it's real. I did have a pretty large helping of stir-fry with broccoli in it before this all started and I read that broccoli is very well known for causing gas and stomach issues and can even cause IBS flare ups. I just wonder if this is IBS or just panic or an actual issue. I'm kinda nervous to go to work because I'm so afraid of missing the bathroom or vomiting at work.