LouAnne

Can anyone help me?

It's 3:28am ATM I haven't slept properly for 6 days due to daughter being ill. Tried to get some sleep tonight & I'm so on edge, I'm flinching teeth banging together, jolts. The worse part is everytime I try to go to sleep I get these weird rush feelings in my stomach up to chest heart races & I fall apart. I'm so exhausted & all I want & need is sleep... I've spent the last few hours laying in bed in tears ? 

Hi, LouAnn

As a parent I understand your anxiety. I suggest you chat with your doctor about getting a weeks worth of Lorazepam (Ativan) or the equivalent there in Australia.  No risk of addiction with such a short duration and no doubt you'll catch up on your sleep and chill some.

Bob

i hate those jolts as you are going to sleep :(

but it is the body’s way of trying to relax. I used to do meditation an hr before going to sleep a good 30 min session. It helped me get out of those bursts. Now I’m dealing with waking up with a panic attack doesn’t matter what time.

but I also know that lack of sleep causes it too. try seeing what helps you relax.

I had these before.. I was so exhausted from anxiety attacks I was having that when I would try to sleep I would have these horrible jolts. Nutmegbells has a great idea about meditating before bed.. that will help you start to relax and get your muscles and tension to release. 

Sorry about your daughter. I'm a mom of three.. it's hard. Hugs!!!

This happened to me once and I am no expert but in my case it was because I was actually in a much more dangerous situation than I realized.I hope this is not the case with you but just to be safe maybe you should consider it.Good luck.

• Confused 1

54 minutes ago, LouAnne said:

I don't understand what you mean? Dangerous situation ?

I was wondering what that meant too... She has not been back on since that post and she's also new to the forum so take that in Consideration and just let her comment go.. 

Sometimes people don't realize that wording means a lot with people with HA. 

I've had what you had and it will pass once you get rest. I've asked my Dr about it and she said fatigue and anxiety cause it. Hugs. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks holls, I will admit That comment made feel on edge even more as I'm feeling more anxious today than ever as I still haven't had a full nights sleep. I've experienced all these symptoms before as I have health anxiety & GAD I just can't seem to snap out it this time. I've had a stressful few weeks, my daughter sick now myself also with bronchitis so I just hope to get some sleep soon. Thanks again for your reassurance. 

4 minutes ago, LouAnne said:

Thanks holls, I will admit That comment made feel on edge even more as I'm feeling more anxious today than ever as I still haven't had a full nights sleep. I've experienced all these symptoms before as I have health anxiety & GAD I just can't seem to snap out it this time. I've had a stressful few weeks, my daughter sick now myself also with bronchitis so I just hope to get some sleep soon. Thanks again for your reassurance. 

You're welcome.. fatigue definitely enhances anxiety symptoms!! I hope that you will be able to get a good night's sleep. ??