Ihadcancer

Ovarian Cancer fear

Every day I see several articles or TV ads about ovarian cancer.  I'm now terrified that I have it.  
My  only symptom is I feel bloated at times.  I have lots of tummy gas or burping from eating too fast, gulping air and drinking from a straw. 
I'm 72 and about 15 lbs overweight.  I've had a big tummy for years. 

I can't enjoy even one day without fear.  

I would think there is more to ovarian cancer than bloating.  

It's sympathy anxiety.  You see something and think you have it by reading it.

Words and pictures can't give anyone cancer.

I just read 'Ovarian Cancer is rare'.  

Rate of New Cases and Deaths per 100,000: The rate of new cases of ovarian cancer was 10.6 per 100,000 women per year. The death rate was 6.3 per 100,000 women per year. These rates are age-adjusted and based on 2015–2019 cases and 2016–2020 deaths.

Lifetime Risk of Developing Cancer: Approximately 1.1 percent of women will be diagnosed with ovarian cancer at some point during their lifetime, based on 2017–2019 data.

Things that help prevent OC is having children. Breast feeding. Not using hormone tx after or during menopause. Having multiple children, etc. 

At my age, 73 this year, the chance of OC begins to drop drastically. 

Bloating can be caused by many things.  I drink with a straw and know I swallow air.  I eat too fast and don't chew well. 

Giving this fear to God!  

Diane

Well, you are assessing different areas to make sure you are well informed.  

Bloating can be extra water.

• Like 1

So ovarian cancer is rare? I’m 26 and super worried because of mid cycle spotting. I know it says rare under 40 but idk how rare that actually is. Did you find anymore info on how rare it is?

I have the same fear and worry lately. Been feeling nauseous and back pain bu5 I know thqt is due to my hip alignment and the chiro takes care of that. Still I worry and fear the damn C word. Its hard not to...

On 3/4/2023 at 12:04 PM, linnoix22 said:

So ovarian cancer is rare? I’m 26 and super worried because of mid cycle spotting. I know it says rare under 40 but idk how rare that actually is. Did you find anymore info on how rare it is?

Rate of New Cases and Deaths per 100,000: The rate of new cases of ovarian cancer was 10.6 per 100,000 women per year. The death rate was 6.3 per 100,000 women per year. These rates are age-adjusted and based on 2015–2019 cases and 2016–2020 deaths.

Lifetime Risk of Developing Cancer: Approximately 1.1 percent of women will be diagnosed with ovarian cancer at some point during their lifetime, based on 2017–2019 data.

I didn't look by age.  I'm almost 73 and cases drop drastically by age 74. 

Ovarian cancer was rare in women aged 25 to 29, who had a rate of 2.4 new cases per 100,000.

Thats less than 1 case in every 40,000 women in that age range, Linnox.