Thrufaith

Help worried about my daughter

So my daughter has this swelling in her right armpit...I noticed it because she had some bruises from her backpack pinching her in the arm. When i touch the swelling it feels like extra cushy skin. There is nothing really behind it. I touch it and push on it and it doesnt hurt her and there is no lump or mass of any sort. When i have her lay on her back i can feel it better. It feels like the part of the joint/muscle tendon of the armpit that connects to the arm that moves up and down when she moves her arm up and down. I took her to the ER cuz of course Dr. GOOGLE SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF ME!! They checked her and pressed on it and it was all normal to the touch the doctor said. She said she could not feel anything to cause alarm or suspicion. She ask to do a cbc and I knew why... she was checking for infection and any other causes like the c word i think. We got the results and it was all normal the most perfect cbc. She said we can follow up with her primary but that she was not concerned at all. I am still having a hard time processinfg everything and I am scared they missed something. She has no other health concerns and is a healthy beautiful 8 year old girl. As a mom I can't help but worry. Is tbis something more just anatomical/ muscular or should i be worried of something more serious like the c word?  Thank you in advance! I will say i was looking at previous pics of her and noticed in some pics that her armput looked like that back then too...these pics are about 2 months old. Idk ER doc thinks its just extra cushiness and its just her anatomy. Im hoping she is right. 

They tested her blood cell count to check for lymphoma. But it was normal, so there's no cancer. 

If anyone thought there was a serious issue, more tests would have been ordered. 

If it wasn't from the backpack and nothing was found wrong, she's fine.

On 9/23/2021 at 2:18 AM, Thrufaith said:

So my daughter has this swelling in her right armpit...I noticed it because she had some bruises from her backpack pinching her in the arm. When i touch the swelling it feels like extra cushy skin. There is nothing really behind it. I touch it and push on it and it doesnt hurt her and there is no lump or mass of any sort. When i have her lay on her back i can feel it better. It feels like the part of the joint/muscle tendon of the armpit that connects to the arm that moves up and down when she moves her arm up and down. I took her to the ER cuz of course Dr. GOOGLE SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF ME!! They checked her and pressed on it and it was all normal to the touch the doctor said. She said she could not feel anything to cause alarm or suspicion. She ask to do a cbc and I knew why... she was checking for infection and any other causes like the c word i think. We got the results and it was all normal the most perfect cbc. She said we can follow up with her primary but that she was not concerned at all. I am still having a hard time processinfg everything and I am scared they missed something. She has no other health concerns and is a healthy beautiful 8 year old girl. As a mom I can't help but worry. Is tbis something more just anatomical/ muscular or should i be worried of something more serious like the c word?  Thank you in advance! I will say i was looking at previous pics of her and noticed in some pics that her armput looked like that back then too...these pics are about 2 months old. Idk ER doc thinks its just extra cushiness and its just her anatomy. Im hoping she is right. 

How is she now? 

We do have to learn to trust the doctors when they say everything is okay. I too have this issue and worry and worry and worry until my worry burns itself out, even after seeing a doctor for my child. My son had seriously swollen lymph nodes on the back of his head and they took weeks to go down. I also feared the "C" word but they eventually did go down. If you saw a doctor, who felt it, and thought it was okay, it's okay. They would NOT let you leave the hospital if they thought it was something dangerous, I promise!

I totally get how you feel and it's easy for me to be on the outside looking in on your situation and have perspective but it's so hard with our kids!

I am currently dealing with something regarding my daughter as well. We just want our kids to be okay!

• Like 2

Thank you MotherofMaya! I hope your babies are doing well! It is so hard as a mom to not worry..i struggle with this. I am just overcoming my daughters health concern and now my son has a hard swollen lymph node that is moveable in the back of his neck by the base of his head. It has me very concerned and worried because its hard. I asked his doctor but he said it is most likely a reactive lymph nose and it will go away in several weeks. Some take months he said. He also said its good that it is moveable.  So I am trying to not feeak out. How did your son's lymphnodes feel? How long did it take?

Thanks! They're okay 🙂

I brought my daughter to the doctor AND dentist because her gums bled a little three times when I brushed them last week and they looked swollen to me. I LEGIT thought she had leukemia. I was a hot mess! I really try not to do that with my kids because a) it scares them and b) I REALLY don't want to be THAT parent....and I don't want the doctor to think I'm nuts but I think it's too late for that to be honest!

As far as my son's lymph nodes, I would say the took a good three weeks to go down to what I felt was "normal" I can still feel them there, but they're tiny now. Once they get inflamed, they may never go back to the way they were. Both of my kids have lymph nodes that I can feel in their groin. I truly believe for some people, this is normal for them. 

We both need to stay the eff away from Google. Easier said than done though, I know. Let's make a pact!

• Like 1

With your daughter, she needs to brush her teeth more often.  The bleeding gums are a sign of not brushing enough usually.  She also might need to use an oral rinse like Listerine or something to kill bacteria in the gums.  That's usually all that is.

Lymph nodes do their own thing - some are larger than others.  If something was really bothering your son, he'd tell you.