Sign in to follow this  
Wingnut

....Nose Hairs?

Alright soooooo I plucked a hair out of my nose yesterday that was really bothering me and I know you're never EVER supposed to "pull" a nose hair. I've read reports of people getting meningitis, brain infections, and even people dying from just pulling a nose hair....tonight my left nostril where I pulled the hair from really hurts... My hypochondria is going nuts now thinking I'm going to die from an infection in my blood from a pulled nose hair! Is there anything I can do to kill bacteria in my nose or something? 😧

There was blood/dried blood in my nose where it hurts.

OMG I am not going to let hair stick out of my nose, I pluck any stray hair I see, I have done this for years, there will be no thick eyebrows, nose hair or that weird little hair that grow out of a mole on my cheek ... there is NO WAY I'm stopping. 

On another note, I have been a hairstylist for 35+ years,  I do not pluck nose hair out of my clients (lol) but I wax all around their faces and let them know THEY need to tend to their noses.. 

Your fine wingnut .. and if I had you in my chair I'd be telling you to pluck the hair out of your nose if I saw it, I might even showy ou how to do it lol 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I've pulled them before by mistake. No worries. I don't make it a habit to pull them. Usually when I shave, I use the electric razor to also shave any hairs that may be coming out of my nose. 😂

Every guy my age I know pulls their nose hair. I have never heard of anything other than a bit of ouch beign of consqeunce.

I wouldn't worry about it at all. Just trim 'em next time.

My dad has been pulling out one particularly stubborn nose hair of his for approximately 40 years now(that I know of) and he has never, ever had a problem. I always wondered how he could stand to do that.

Makes my eyes water just thinking about it 😂 

When I shave in the morning I use a special razor to make sure no hairs are sticking out of my nose.