Sign in to follow this  
AshDone

Any ladies deal with “lumpy breast”?

Are there any women here who have lumps in their breast? I first noticed that I had lumps in my breast whenever I was 19. Went to an OBGYN, whom told me it was from dense breast tissue. I’ve never really had any problems since then. I go for my yearly and they’ll check my breast, as I also check my breast regularly. I still have lumpy breast and I’m now 26. Anyways, my anxiety is kinda bad and I went to get checked out at my OBGYN today. She did a breast exam and felt the lumps. I have lumps in the exact places on both sides. She mentioned fibrodema or fibrocystic breast but doesn’t think that it’s cancer. I’m having an ultrasound next week, for a “peace of mind” to me. Has any other woman had this issue? I’m kinda scared.

I was just coming here to post about this issue! I am having some major breast anxiety right now. I think its fibrocystic issues as well. I *think* the weird lumps I am feeling in the right breast have been there before but I'm panicking thinking it may be something new. I do know lumpy breasts and fibrocystic disease are super common though! My mind always just jumps to worst case scenario ugh

All breasts are lumpy to some degree. Breasts are made up of different sacs, glands tissues. Some women have more dense tissue than others, it’s quite common. 

If you find a lump that you are sure hasn’t been there before then you may want to get it checked out, but even then it could be nothing. Breast lumps are quite often harmless, but it doesn’t hurt to get them looked at just in case. 

• Like 1

I have fibrocystic breasts. They are very common and hormonally influenced, meaning the lumps will go up and down somewhat as you go through the different stages of your cycle. IME, fibrocystic breasts also involve twinges and pains.

Would be good to start with your GYN and then also get a good sense (over a couple of months) of what is normal for your breasts at different points in your cycle. Then, just do monthly exams like everyone else (although I certainly don't check mine that often). 

This is completely normal though!

Yes, I have dense breast tissue as well. Got my first ultrasound this year as they are now recommending it for ladies with dense breasts. It’s actually quite common according to my gyn. 

Mine are the same way and different times of the month - one always feels more lumpier. I tend to think it is hormone related. I try to be rational and do my monthly checks and get my yearly exam and mammogram but I do get overly anxious at times.

I have fibrocystic breasts! Every woman on my moms side has had them for as long as they can remember! I am 21 and noticed them at 17! My doctor who does breast exams doesnt think anything of it because she knows my family history! I had anxiety about it to until I asked my mom and she told me that every woman in the family has them! :) ask your mom or grandma if they have them!