Smalm

Is Abilify safe?

I am in a mental tug of war. My doctor put me on Abilify 10mg. She claims it is the cleanest drug that is in the anti-psychotic category, she told me that my anxiety and depression are atypical because they are resistent to treatment, hard to treat. She told me that the Abilify would be for my depression and clonidine 0.1mg for my panic attacks at night. I am wondering if these are even remotly safe? I have read reviews about the Abilify... I think it is dangerous to even touch it with a 10 foot stick. Some people were projectile vomiting on it, others going into psychotic episodes, others having permanent and uncontrolable twitching of the face, legs, fingers, etc. I am just so scared that going on it will ruin my life, I have GERD and IBS so it just does not seem stomach safe. I am scared to take the clonidine also because I have a slow heartrate from my low thyroid. Really the only pill she gave me that I will happily take is my thyroid pill. I really do not know what to do. I told me therapist and he laughed, I am seriously thinking these two stupid pills that they want me on can kill me. Should I tell my doctor to forget about it and give me a differant prescription? Or just take these pills that I do not find safe at all? 

I was on 2mg of Abilify for 5 years as an add on to my AD and had no problems with it except 40lb weight gain which is why I wanted off. The antipsychotics all seem to cause this problem which can lead to diabetes.

I ended up not taking it at all. But I tried Risperidone, which gave me bad heart palpitations and I got off if it immediately. I told my doctor who does not want me on any anti-psychotics ever again because they may all do this heart palpitations thing and that is not a great feeling, it was very scary.