Sign in to follow this  
ravenskye

New!

Hi. I just wanted to post saying hi. I'm new here. I'm 23, from canada. I have severe social anxiety. I have dealt with it since i was 17 I guess. The hardest thing for me is keeping a job. It's scary thinking of going to a job 8 hours a day 5 days a week and acting like it isnt torture. I would rather stay home and be alone. I honestly don't know what I will do with my life. I have a boyfriend of 2 years and i want a marriage and babies, and I honestly never see that happening. I don't think I will ever be able to give him these things. but anyway.. a little about me: I'm a big video game , horror movie, anime and superhero nerd. Anyway yeah. (:

Good morning ravenskye!   Well, the good news is, I suffered horribly through high school because of social anxiety.  I met my husband through a college 'blind date' function and we've been happily married coming up on 47 years. We have four children and six grandchildren so far. 

Hubby is outgoing and when we first married, I began to feel more comfortable in huge groups as long as I was with him.  He was an Army officer and very personable so I didn't have to say much.  It didn't take long, tho, for ME to start to join in conversations and within a few years, I was chatty Cathy and am now able to walk into a room where I know no one and within a few minutes, everyone in the room knows my name and I've found out something interesting about them.  

Don't give up girl!  I'm now the most comfortable person in any gathering and can spot those who are shy and uncomfortable and reach out to buddy them up with someone I know who'll help them feel at home.  

BTW.... I attend gym classes with anywhere from 90  to 95 people 3 days a week.  I've done my best to learn their names and it matters so much to people. They all know my name, but even the quiet gals or guys, when they come in the door I will immediately say 'Mario!  Hymie!  I'm so glad y'all made it today!  Hey Jaye!'   People love it when you take time to know their names.  It makes them feel a part of the group and loved.

So welcome my young friend (do you LOVE The Walking Dead?) and I love your username!

Diane