Sign in to follow this  
laceymayxxoo

Lexapro not helping??

So iv just started my fourth week on lexapro 10mgs still I feel no relief should I continue/ up the dosage or try a different one?? Someone please reply :)

Lacey... have you checked in with your dr to let him know this? I don't think you should up anything until you speak with him. And yes, after 4 weeks something should have kicked in by now.

Ye thTs what I mean I'll have a talk with the doctor about getting a higher dose I'll see her Friday so I'll have a chat

Ye thTs what I mean I'll have a talk with the doctor about getting a higher dose I'll see her Friday so I'll have a chat

this does take effect gradually.  i'm on it again, and it does seem to be working now!  but your millage may differ

Hi lacey.  See your doctor. Not everyone responds to every drug so it may need adjustment or a different one. Upping the dose without telling your GP is dangerous, so don't do it. I agree with Stones; four weeks should have seen some effect that's why you may need a different one.     Jon.