unicorn

Soft Lump Above Collar Bone (Hyperthyroidsm)

Hi,

I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism around 2018 and I've been on medication since then.

Recently I had some blood work and so far my thyroid levels have been normal but I noticed a soft lump above my right collar bone.

I will be going for some updated blood work again to show to my doctor hopefully next month. I am slightly worried 'cause I'm afraid to undergo biopsy.

Has anyone else with thyroid issues experience this?

5 hours ago, unicorn said:

Hi,

I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism around 2018 and I've been on medication since then.

Recently I had some blood work and so far my thyroid levels have been normal but I noticed a soft lump above my right collar bone.

I will be going for some updated blood work again to show to my doctor hopefully next month. I am slightly worried 'cause I'm afraid to undergo biopsy.

Has anyone else with thyroid issues experience this?

I'd run that by your doctor just in case.  He needs to know anything that goes on.  It could be just a lymph node issue, but he would know more.  

7 hours ago, Ironman said:

I'd run that by your doctor just in case.  He needs to know anything that goes on.  It could be just a lymph node issue, but he would know more.  

I hope so . I just had colds since Wednesday .

4 hours ago, Ihadcancer said:

Your thyroid is in the front of the neck.  I'd see a doctor asap for a lump in that area. 

I'm sorry, did understood this right ? If it's a thyroid issue, the lump should be somewhere at the front of the neck and not above the collarbone ? I could only consult my doctor on January due to the holidays . I'm kinda starting to panic if this is something that needs to be brought to the ER . I'm just hoping it's just lymph nodes since I had colds since Wednesday .

44 minutes ago, unicorn said:

I hope so . I just had colds since Wednesday .

It would make sense if you had a cold.  Lymph nodes are working overtime to produce cells to fight the virus.  That's a normal body function.  Lymph nodes are all over the body - we normally associate them witht he lower neck.  I would monitor it over the course of your colds.  The lymph nodes should go back to normal once the worst symptoms break.  If they don't. contact you doc.  By then, they'd be back in the office anyway.

Good luck to you and get some rest.  Happy New Year!

6 hours ago, Ironman said:

It would make sense if you had a cold.  Lymph nodes are working overtime to produce cells to fight the virus.  That's a normal body function.  Lymph nodes are all over the body - we normally associate them witht he lower neck.  I would monitor it over the course of your colds.  The lymph nodes should go back to normal once the worst symptoms break.  If they don't. contact you doc.  By then, they'd be back in the office anyway.

Good luck to you and get some rest.  Happy New Year!

Hi,

I just had a checkup from my doctor last minute . She says it's probably lymphoma, I asked her what it and she just says it's just fats . Nothing of relation to my thyroid . She suggested to have an ultrasound on my neck but focused on the lump above my collarbone . I didn't want to look into lymphoma more or I'll get into the scary rabbit hole . If anyone has any idea here, I'd appreciate it .

This is what my doctor diagnosed me with.

Thank you . Happy New Year !

IMG_9329.jpeg

Edited by unicorn

11 hours ago, unicorn said:

Hi,

I just had a checkup from my doctor last minute . She says it's probably lymphoma, I asked her what it and she just says it's just fats . Nothing of relation to my thyroid . She suggested to have an ultrasound on my neck but focused on the lump above my collarbone . I didn't want to look into lymphoma more or I'll get into the scary rabbit hole . If anyone has any idea here, I'd appreciate it .

This is what my doctor diagnosed me with.

Thank you . Happy New Year !

IMG_9329.jpeg

The keyword is "benign" so that part is good news.

On 12/30/2023 at 12:45 AM, Ironman said:

The keyword is "benign" so that part is good news.

Hi,

I just got back from the doctor . She had my neck ultrasound . The doctor who was performing the ultrasound said it's just lymph nodes . Most likely 'cause I had colds a few weeks ago . Then when I got back to my attending physician she said that it seems like it's just lymph nodes but she said she'd want a chest x-ray to rule out TB . If the chest x-ray is negative, she'll prescribe antibiotics . If the lump is not shrinking after taking the antibiotics, she'll have it biopsied if in case it's TB for the lymph nodes . I asked her if it's TB curable and she just said that there's anti-TB . She mentioned not to think about the "C" word 'cause it's too early .

Now my mind is spiraling from the terms TB and "C" word .

Tuberculosis is treatable faster than cancer.

14 hours ago, unicorn said:

Hi,

I just got back from the doctor . She had my neck ultrasound . The doctor who was performing the ultrasound said it's just lymph nodes . Most likely 'cause I had colds a few weeks ago . Then when I got back to my attending physician she said that it seems like it's just lymph nodes but she said she'd want a chest x-ray to rule out TB . If the chest x-ray is negative, she'll prescribe antibiotics . If the lump is not shrinking after taking the antibiotics, she'll have it biopsied if in case it's TB for the lymph nodes . I asked her if it's TB curable and she just said that there's anti-TB . She mentioned not to think about the "C" word 'cause it's too early .

Now my mind is spiraling from the terms TB and "C" word .

48 minutes ago, Ironman said:

Tuberculosis is treatable faster than cancer.

That would be great . I actually have a history of lymph nodes but it was pea size and it was located on the right side of my face near the ear . I also had colds and fever back then . When we also had it checked . The doctor prescribed me antibiotics and also tried to rule out tuberculosis if the lump didn't shrink but then it did .

I just hope it's still the same case as I have now . But I told my doctor I'd want the x-ray results first before starting the antibiotics just to be sure I don't have tuberculosis .