mace

Terrified of Pancreatic Cancer - help

I’m 26 years old, and I know my chances of getting PC at my age are very low.

That being said, I found blood in my semen the other night, and now I’m terrified. I went to google afterwards (worst thing I could do, I know) and pancreatic cancer came up.

I’m very scared right now and would love if I could have some words of advice. Also, sorry if this was a bit TMI – I’m just really scared.

If I had blood in my semen I'd first check my testicles and prostate but wouldn't even think about pancreas. But you surely need to go to doctor with this issue.

Yeah, I don't think what you are seeing is pancreatic cancer. 

At a minimum, you hit a blood vessel or cut somewhere, but who knows.

I have had blood in my semen twice and someone I know who is a retired Urologist told me that blood in the semen is typically benign and is usually due to an irritated prostate. 

Hi. mace. Perhaps we should try and get away from specifics and look at heath anxiety in more general terms.  If it's not one thing it's another!! If we get over the fear of one particular illness another will surely arise because we are still anxious. The problem can never be solved unless we get to its root. Anxiety is always a manifestation of an underlying psychological problem, and that's why good counselling can help so much. Masking symptoms with medication while trying to forget or deny we have a problem does not help. Of course, medication can be so helpful in allowing us to steady ourselves so we can look at our problem more logically. But it can never 'cure' anxiety. We need to look at the situation as a whole and not one specific issue. Sometimes the cause is obvious. Bereavement, a real illness, financial problems, job loss, a divorce  etc. But sadly the majority of anxiety patients can see no real reason for their problem. 'It came out of the blue'. I have heard that expression so many times. But there is always a cause that has 'triggered' the anxiety. Finding that cause and dealing with it is the job of a counsellor or maybe even a close friend you trust. Ask yourself, 'what is my anxiety showing me about myself, my way of life, my attitude to my fellow humans'. Am I tolerant? Do I care enough?  Am I being kind and understanding to those close to me? The way we live and our attitude to life and others can play a big part in anxiety.  Best wishes.