MotherOfMaya

HA over child's health

Hey all,

I am very curious to know how those of you with children deal anxiety over their health when you are in a high anxiety phase. I am trying so hard not to impose my health anxiety onto my children but I am not doing such a good job.  I don't want to constantly run to the doctor with my kids as I do not want to be seen as insane by my kid's doctors. Any advice for me?

Thanks in advance!

No advice, just wanted to let u know that i feel u. I am driving my doctor insane over an enlarged lymphnode my son has had for many months now. 

• Like 1

Ugh, my son has had swollen nodes on the back of his head for a week now and I ran him to urgent care the other day after he had a pretty high fever of 102.7. I always think the worst and I am trying to work on that but it's so not easy when it comes to kids. Where is your son's lymph node and how old is he? 

Thanks so much for posting...it's nice knowing you're not alone.

A number of years ago my daughters friend had Hodgkin's Lymphoma at age 19 and it was diagnosed at stage 4. He went through hell with the chemo and radiation, but he survived and is OK today at age 31. My wife had a sister who passed away many years ago at the age of 5 of a tumor on the brain stem. My neighbor when I was growing up had a son who had a brain tumor and passed away as a teenager. My next door neighbor growing up had a teenage son who went in for a simple operation on his arm and the son passed away after the surgery from a blood clot. So you see, things could always be worse and you need to be thankful for what you have and try not to worry until you really have something to worry about. 

1 hour ago, MARC said:

A number of years ago my daughters friend had Hodgkin's Lymphoma at age 19 and it was diagnosed at stage 4. He went through hell with the chemo and radiation, but he survived and is OK today at age 31. My wife had a sister who passed away many years ago at the age of 5 of a tumor on the brain stem. My neighbor when I was growing up had a son who had a brain tumor and passed away as a teenager. My next door neighbor growing up had a teenage son who went in for a simple operation on his arm and the son passed away after the surgery from a blood clot. So you see, things could always be worse and you need to be thankful for what you have and try not to worry until you really have something to worry about. 

Maybe it’s just me, but your words leave me wishing I hadn’t clicked on this post.

• Like 1

All of us worry about our children, family members, etc. Some just do it more than others do. My GI physician told me once that many patients come to see him and are afraid that they don't feel well because they have a large tumor growing inside of them, when in the vast majority of instances this is not the case.