Tremor

Ongoing Headache

Hello!  New to the forums.  

I had a bad headache 5 days ago, something I would consider a migraine.  Light and sound sensitivity, along with a nauseous feeling.  It was pretty rough all night long.  I went to sleep and woke up the next day feeling a little better.  Since then, roughly 5 days now, I have had constant tension in my head, random pains all over my head, and slight dizziness (euphoric sensation).  It never really has dissipated.  When I wake up in the morning it feels almost as if it is gone, and then within a few minutes it comes on and stays with me all day.  My anxiety is starting to get the better of me now!  Any thoughts?!?

I’m dealing with the same thing right now. I’m on day three. Just took some Motrin which doesn’t really help either. Today it’s in my left side and hurts all the way down to my ear. My neck gets stiff too which causes tension in the back of my head. I’m sound sensitive too. Can’t stand it at all. 

Dehydration and stress/ anxiety are leading causes of headaches and migraines. Make sure you are getting enough water, eating healthy food, and trying to stay away from processed foods (certain foods can trigger migraines and headaches). What have you tried to relieve the headache?

I haven't been doing a whole lot to get rid of it....  😕  Just some headache meds, lots of water and rest.  That's about it.

8 minutes ago, Tremor said:

I haven't been doing a whole lot to get rid of it....  😕  Just some headache meds, lots of water and rest.  That's about it.

Could this be a sinus cold? Keep drinking fluids and try not to stress because it'll worsen the headache!

26 minutes ago, Total Eclipse said:

Could this be a sinus cold? Keep drinking fluids and try not to stress because it'll worsen the headache!

I really don't feel any sinus pressure, but who knows. Can a headache last this long?  lol

Just now, Tremor said:

It really don't feel any sinus pressure, but who knows. Can a headache last this long?  lol

Yeah, and depending on what your eating that could be triggering it -- it can last a few weeks after a migraine goes away. I suffer from chronic migraines pretty badly 😞 

1 minute ago, Total Eclipse said:

Yeah, and depending on what your eating that could be triggering it -- it can last a few weeks after a migraine goes away. I suffer from chronic migraines pretty badly 😞 

I'm sorry to hear that.  This is new for me and of course, because it's new, It is frightening.  Your words are very helpful.  Thank you!

1 minute ago, Tremor said:

I'm sorry to hear that.  This is new for me and of course, because it's new, It is frightening.  Your words are very helpful.  Thank you!

Hopefully it passes quickly! If it doesn't pass in a couple more days and feels more intense, you should get checked out by a doctor and if it's sinuses they'll give you antiboditics. But most of the time sinus infections will clear on their own too.

My ENT physician once told me that tension in your back, shoulders and neck can cause headaches and odd head sensations, such as tingling, crawling feelings, etc. 

6 hours ago, Total Eclipse said:

@Tremor how's your headache? 

Still about the same... hasn't gotten better or worse.  Constant dull pain with bouts of slight dizziness.  😞

1 hour ago, MARC said:

My ENT physician once told me that tension in your back, shoulders and neck can cause headaches and odd head sensations, such as tingling, crawling feelings, etc. 

I have noticed that I've been shrugging my shoulders a lot, tensing them up.  I'm sure that isn't helping.

6 hours ago, Tremor said:

I have noticed that I've been shrugging my shoulders a lot, tensing them up.  I'm sure that isn't helping.

A nice hot shower/ bath might soothe that!

17 hours ago, Shanowl80 said:

I am going through the same thing. Hope you are feeling better. 

Doing a lot better, but still having some pains.  Hope yours gets better as well.

15 hours ago, Total Eclipse said:

Did the pain finally go away? Sounds like you had a nasty sinus cold!

I am doing much better.  It still is lingering a little bit, but much better.  👍