bhjju

Fleshy thing hanging from tonsil?? Anyone??

Hello everyone! 

So long story short, I have tonsil stones and at least once or twice a week I pick at them to get them out....last night I was pressing on the top right tonsil and I’m not sure if it was to hard or what but I got a tonsil stone out and a piece of flesh maybe the size of a piece of rice came out of the same hole and is hanging on by a thread!!! It does not hurt or anything it’s just hanging there I can feel it sometimes when I swallow but that’s because of the location... my moms telling me it’s nothing and I probably pressed to hard on that area... it was weird though it literally popped out of my tonsil where the stone was!! 

It is the same color as my tonsils and ya know it’s freaking me out...is this cause for concern ? 

I picked at it yesterday evening And now it’s a darker purple color and almost looks smaller? Anyone?? 

I agree with your mom. If it’s not hurting or bothering you just leave it alone. Picking at it is only going to make things worse. 

41 minutes ago, Ashleyspicer84 said:

I agree with your mom. If it’s not hurting or bothering you just leave it alone. Picking at it is only going to make things worse. 

You don’t think it’s anything? Do you think from trying to get it off with tweezers it turned it purple?  I’m worried it’s cancer or something ...the stem of it that’s connected to my tonsil is still pink 

Hi bhjju...  This small piece of tonsil is what would be similar to a "skin-tag" on our skin.  I have removed many of my own skin tags by clamping a pair of hemostats on them.  I leave it there for 15 to 20 minutes, and this cuts off the blood supply to the tag.  Just like your tonsil tissue, the skin tag will turn purple because it no longer has its blood supple.  It will actually turn black like a scab, and then fall off in a week to 10 days.  The reason that your tonsil tissue is purple is that it no longer has its blood supple.  Just leave it alone, and I think you will find it will fall off within a week or so, if not sooner.  The very best to you, bhjju!...  Chuck😺

6 minutes ago, MobileChucko said:

Hi bhjju...  This small piece of tonsil is what would be similar to a "skin-tag" on our skin.  I have removed many of my own skin tags by clamping a pair of hemostats on them.  I leave it there for 15 to 20 minutes, and this cuts off the blood supply to the tag.  Just like your tonsil tissue, the skin tag will turn purple because it no longer has its blood supple.  It will actually turn black like a scab, and then fall off in a week to 10 days.  The reason that your tonsil tissue is purple is that it no longer has its blood supple.  Just leave it alone, and I think you will find it will fall off within a week or so, if not sooner.  The very best to you, bhjju!...  Chuck😺

Thank you so much 💛💛💛

On 8/10/2019 at 6:47 AM, bhjju said:

I picked at it yesterday evening And now it’s a darker purple color and almost looks smaller? Anyone?? 

Hi. I just found this also. Its dark purple at the tip but still pink on the connected part of the tonsil…and i can feel it when i swallow. Did you ever find out what it was? 🥺

It's probably similar to what would happen if you had a large pimple that kept filling up again.  

There is some kind of skin sack (must be the lining of the pore that grew due to the acne or the stone) that can come out.  It's harmless and probably needed to go since the stone is out.

Skin tags are just that - they do have a bit of circulation since they are skin, so they do turn purple if you mess with them.