Hi guys

i am a 20 yr old male and for the past 2 weeks I have had twitching throughout my body first it started in my eyelid and now it happens throughout my body randomly in different places any place in my body such as shoulder back butt forearm practically anywhere . I keep worrying that it is either als or some type of terrible disorder. I defiantly have health anxiety and worry about any little thing. I just am worried about this and I feel that posting on here and hearing others will help me tremendously. My twitches happen at random even at times when my anxiety flares up I do not notice them more than usual. They also can happen at anytime anywhere even if I’m not anxious nor thinking about them. Also when I go to look at them typically they are not there nor twitching only have seen my eye and leg and shoulder do it very few times. That’s how fast they come and go. They are 1-3 second twitches every time and only in my eyelid persist more than that or they’ll twitch for 1-3 seconds on and off for a couple of minutes . I’m very active I ran a mile today and did 100 push-ups and sits up yesterday and the day before that. I just am worried it is something worse and that it is not yet progressed because it’s only been 2 weeks. Please help

I also feel weaker in my left arm than right and that it gets sore easier and I feel that my muscles are about to cramp when I shift my legs in directions where they are restricted but do not cramp up just feel like they are tightening and going I cramp but not when running they just felt tired more than anything... please help

thanks guys for anything to ease my mind 

I’m having twitches all over right now. I blame it on anxiety. My muscles are having spasms all over. 

I get twitches all the time too... everywhere... eye lid, shoulder, back, calves, cheek.... everywhere basically, it's all anxiety and for me taking Lexapro always makes my twitching worse... my mom and brother also have them!

Thanks a bunch guys! Does it not matter whether or not your stressed but at any time? Cuz sometimes I get them during stress but sometimes they don’t happen during stress and I am not currently on any thing but am super stressed about my twitches 

6 minutes ago, Worried3232 said:

Thanks a bunch guys! Does it not matter whether or not your stressed but at any time? Cuz sometimes I get them during stress but sometimes they don’t happen during stress and I am not currently on any thing but am super stressed about my twitches 

Not for me.  Even after anxiety had passed, it took literal months before the twitching started to be rare.  It will go away, it is not a disease... it is in fact VERY NORMAL.

I get them all the time. As a matter of fact I was having back pains and my doctor put her hand on my back and told me she felt the spasm. I didn’t even feel the spasm, just some pain. I think it happens often for most people. Us sensitive people just feel it more than others might. 

Thank you guys for all the help.. it really helps me to know it’s not serious and that you get them everywhere.. how have you guys helped to reduce them or not think about them? I also don’t get them during times of stress is that normal as well for you guys? I really appreciate the help 

And are your guys super quick twitches as well? I appreciate the help and being understanding of this it sucks bad

You more than likely have BFS - totally fine and caused by stress.  b -means benign.  Not any big deal.  I get them in my right leg all the time but can be anywhere.

Oh ya man. I no longer worry about the twitching. It is also normal to have them in specific hot spots more frequently. 

I think everyone on this forum twitches constantly and it is never an actual issue.

Also on one arm feeling weaker, that is your mind playing tricks on you. I tend to hyper focus on my right side so that feels weaker. It is just hypersensitivity and nothing more. I had the exact same issue initially.

be well.

On 2/28/2019 at 5:38 PM, Worried3232 said:

I also feel weaker in my left arm than right and that it gets sore easier and I feel that my muscles are about to cramp when I shift my legs in directions where they are restricted but do not cramp up just feel like they are tightening and going I cramp but not when running they just felt tired more than anything... please help

thanks guys for anything to ease my mind 

I have almost the exact same symptoms & I just turned 21 brother. MS, ALS you name it I’m terrified. People on here have helped - if you see your doctor ask him to preform basic neurology exams to rule out anything serious. Just know my hand feels weak and the same hand/fingers twitch and is stiff. Anxiety can cause all these symptoms