Smalm

Right Arm Feels "Off"

I am currenty trying not to fear death and trying not to have a panic attack. I have my right shoulder burning and sometimes tingling in very specific spots as well as my right elbow tingling sometimes as well as the side of my pinky and palm under my pinky. I also have a slight pain in my right side of my neck. And tingling near my thumb and forearm. I fear rabies. I was sleeping inside October 5th and had a window open. I had a blanket wrapped around me.  I woke up and there was never a bat as far as I knew. I am quite positive I slept under that blanket the whole time. I heard, felt, saw no bat. I am scared that one could have flew in, bit me, then flew out. There is a cat downstairs who uses that window and loves to hunt so it stays open or my uncle will throw a tantrum. I am wondering what could be causing my arm to feel so off... Cam laying down on your bed and typing with your full arm elbow bent and laying flat on your bed cause your full arm to feel weird? I also get muscle twitching in my right upper arm sometimes and get twitching in my neck sometimes as well. 

4 hours ago, Smalm said:

I am currenty trying not to fear death and trying not to have a panic attack. I have my right shoulder burning and sometimes tingling in very specific spots as well as my right elbow tingling sometimes as well as the side of my pinky and palm under my pinky. I also have a slight pain in my right side of my neck. And tingling near my thumb and forearm. I fear rabies. I was sleeping inside October 5th and had a window open. I had a blanket wrapped around me.  I woke up and there was never a bat as far as I knew. I am quite positive I slept under that blanket the whole time. I heard, felt, saw no bat. I am scared that one could have flew in, bit me, then flew out. There is a cat downstairs who uses that window and loves to hunt so it stays open or my uncle will throw a tantrum. I am wondering what could be causing my arm to feel so off... Cam laying down on your bed and typing with your full arm elbow bent and laying flat on your bed cause your full arm to feel weird? I also get muscle twitching in my right upper arm sometimes and get twitching in my neck sometimes as well. 

I don't know a ton about rabies Bec it not my fear but I do know October 5th was a looooong time ago and you wouldn't be questioning rabies at this point. All your symptoms sound anxiety related. I get burning and twitches when I have anxiety. I think maybe you need to talk to a therapist about your fear of rabies and work out ways to rationalize this fear. I started therapy in Aug and it has helped tremendously!! 

I seriously doubt rabies. If a bat bit you you would have large marks from the bite that you wouldn't miss. 

I know how you feel...having my own fears after an unknown dog licked my mouth. I am itchy and tingly in various places, the itchiness on my cheek which is too close for comfort.

I wish I was able to remember how often my face itches. But, because of this wretched HA, all I can perceive is that this is not normal for me.

2 hours ago, NervUs said:

I know how you feel...having my own fears after an unknown dog licked my mouth. I am itchy and tingly in various places, the itchiness on my cheek which is too close for comfort.

I wish I was able to remember how often my face itches. But, because of this wretched HA, all I can perceive is that this is not normal for me.

You just got over a rabies scare/fear with your daughter right? So I just think your mind is going to your fear and right now it's rabies... Idk this fear is a hard one for me to understand :( I have never heard of or known anybody that got rabies.  I wish this fear would go away for you. Hugs!!!!!

Thanks Holls...I am actually not doing so good with this one, since I had an actual risk (since I can't observe the dog, I should get the pep via the CDC website). I have been dwelling and fearing, even though I know the chances are remote. With my daughter, at least I knew I didn't see a bat. This one, I KNOW a dog licked my lips. UGH

A neurologist I seen last year told me numbness and tingling in your arm/ hand / fingers is the classic sign of a trapped or pinched nerve, most commonly in the neck. Something to look into ?

5 hours ago, Juliana said:

I seriously doubt rabies. If a bat bit you you would have large marks from the bite that you wouldn't miss. 

Actually not true, they are often overseen because they are very small like a pin prick.

14 hours ago, Holls said:

I don't know a ton about rabies Bec it not my fear but I do know October 5th was a looooong time ago and you wouldn't be questioning rabies at this point. All your symptoms sound anxiety related. I get burning and twitches when I have anxiety. I think maybe you need to talk to a therapist about your fear of rabies and work out ways to rationalize this fear. I started therapy in Aug and it has helped tremendously!! 

It can be from 2 days to 3 months, or even a few years. There is no set time. It is generally 1 to 3 months which is why I am freaking out because it is roughly 3 months since then. I am just freaking out because these spots I can not see easily, like my elbow, so I can not confirm if it's a bite like thing. They can be un-noticed. I just have been feeling anxious and just feel tingly and really would like to know why. I don't think it is my anxiety... It feels real and sort of itchy at times. Some of these places have " l l " marks and that freaks me out. The only spiders in our house are Black Widows and I would be sick if I got bit by those. I don't really know what these marks could be mabye skin pores that are deformed. I have no clue, I just fear death by rabies. Can bats enter a room with a ground level window, bite, then fly back out? I have heard of cases where the bat was able to fly away even if rabid. This means they are not all grounded or stumbling like a drunk. There are not many bats around suposedly, but a nearby school was infested with hundreds of them and over 20 people had to get shots. I am very annoyed by this fear. It is just 24/7 anxiety hell and fear. My tingling in these various places started about 5 or 6 days ago as far as I know. I am seeing a Psychologist every two weeks and will be put on pills by a professional in about a week. This tingling is specific which is why it is freaking me out. 

10 hours ago, Smalm said:

It can be from 2 days to 3 months, or even a few years. There is no set time. It is generally 1 to 3 months which is why I am freaking out because it is roughly 3 months since then. I am just freaking out because these spots I can not see easily, like my elbow, so I can not confirm if it's a bite like thing. They can be un-noticed. I just have been feeling anxious and just feel tingly and really would like to know why. I don't think it is my anxiety... It feels real and sort of itchy at times. Some of these places have " l l " marks and that freaks me out. The only spiders in our house are Black Widows and I would be sick if I got bit by those. I don't really know what these marks could be mabye skin pores that are deformed. I have no clue, I just fear death by rabies. Can bats enter a room with a ground level window, bite, then fly back out? I have heard of cases where the bat was able to fly away even if rabid. This means they are not all grounded or stumbling like a drunk. There are not many bats around suposedly, but a nearby school was infested with hundreds of them and over 20 people had to get shots. I am very annoyed by this fear. It is just 24/7 anxiety hell and fear. My tingling in these various places started about 5 or 6 days ago as far as I know. I am seeing a Psychologist every two weeks and will be put on pills by a professional in about a week. This tingling is specific which is why it is freaking me out. 

I wish I could give you an answer. I read a little bit on rabies since I don't know anything about it. If it were me... I'd feel reassured that you didn't see a bat.. you didn't get woken up by being bit.  Is this a new fear for you or have you had this fear before?? I have a fear that won't give me a damn break and every new sensation is that fear in a diff place.. my therapist said it's Bec my mind is scanning for symptoms and even if the symptoms don't match my fear I twist it and turn it until I make it match. This is our over active minds.. if this is a completely new fear for you, I would go talk to your primary care physician and get some peace of mind.. mine has done wonders for my fear. Then once your PCP clears you of the fear.. you have to leave it and try not to revisit it. 

Hugs. I really wish I could give you more advice or knowledge.. I have dogs that come in and out of the house and I've never feared rabies.. I guess it's Bec I have never heard of anyone having it... Ever. I understand we all have different fears and triggers.