sandooch

The Walking Dead

My husband and I (and recently our youngest daughter) are so into this show. We can't wait for season 3 to start in October.

I am actually in disbelief that The Walking Dead has not been nominated for any Emmy's this year. I see that Mad Men and American Horror Story tied for the most nominations. I love both of those shows as well, but why not even one nomination for The Walking Dead?

I have actually been wanting to start watching this show. I saw that it was available from the beginning on Netflix and have been considering getting started on it. I keep hearing how good it is and I'm afraid I'm going to get addicted. I think that's the only thing holding me back at this point LOL.

I am a The Walking Dead freak!  LOVE this show.  I have lots of the figures and we've been to most of the filming locations.  I found Terminus on Google Earth before anyone on TWD Locations had found it and hubby and I went there. The iron gate had the chain wrapped around it and there were no 'no trespassing signs' so we helped ourselves.  I've got loads of photos! We live outside Atlanta and have gone to the other locales.

The one place I really wanted to go was the house in 'GROVE' where Carol had to kill Lizzie. We'd been looking at places all day and that was on the way toward home. When we got to the main area, we realized the road leading to the house was a dirt one lane drive or street and there were no street lights within miles. It was starting to get dark, so we didn't go. That was not long after the airing of that episode and I wanted to see if the mounds were still there and have photos of me there. 

I am such a fan that I've watched some episodes over 30 times.  Actually,  Greg Nicotera mentioned much later in the show's history something I'd noticed years before. When Lizzie was feeding the walkers at the fence, the walker says 'Izzie'.  In GROVE, Lizzie tells her sister that she can understand them. They talk to ME.  If you turn the volume way up, when she's got the flashlight and you see her raise the rat to the fence, you can hear him say 'Izzie'.  

Gosh I love this show.  Hated the governor.  I love to hate Neegan.  Some characters that I disliked when they first appeared became some of my favorites.  

I have a 'walker baby doll' from Z is for Zombies in Senoia.  She's standing on a brick from Morgan's Courtyard where he burned the walker bodies. When we went there, parts of the wall had fallen and there were bricks on the sidewalk and one in the gutter.  I got the one in the gutter.  Most of my photos are on The Walking Dead Locations.  58a634cc6c8b1_BabyZombie.jpg.394fddedeea8b50aab55dec68630f0db.jpg