SweetChic

Pain on left side

I've already talked to two people on here who told me not to worry about it, but this pain of the left side of my abdomen has been freaking me out! It started in my lower stomach, I'd feel a sharp pain when I sat down. Now it's moved from my lower stomach to the entire left side of my stomach. It also doesn't help that I have back pain, but I've been having back pain on and off for months now, which  believe is due to my job, but I never can be sure. I googled it. Yes, I used doctor google, and I google everything. I'm so scared of what this pain could be, even though in the back of my head I know its probably nothing serious. I don't know where it came from, but it started last week, and I've already had two anxiety attacks because of it. There's too many things that it could be, from kidneys, to ovaries, to bladder, to uterus, to digestive tract...I'm so confused. I'm seeing a urologist on the 31st, but I'm debating on whether or not to go to an ER or an urgent care. Advice!

If you feel better about going to the ER or urgent care then go. Maybe it will bring your anxiety level down instead of waiting. I have gone to the ER in June for horrible pains they did nothing really but give me Cipro for a bladder infection. They only did a urine test. I honestly don't think I had one cause the Cipro did nothing. I went to my Dr and he had scans and x-rays done all in my digestive track and everything was fine. Eventually all the pain went away and realize it had to have been stress and anxiety I still have lower back pressure, lower neck pain. It likes to come and go. But if you feel better about going to ER or urgent care I would. I think Urgent care is much faster than the ER. Let us know how things go.. Kathy

• Like 1

Yes, I think I'm going to urgent care...but I also feel like if I do that, I'm constantly feeding into my anxiety. This will be maybe the 4th or 5th time I've ended up in urgent care this year. After I go, I feel fine for a small amount of time, then I'm ruminating over something else. Last night I was actually looking up Dr. Google memes to laugh, and reassure myself that everything is going to be ok. Scrolling through the images, I found a picture of a bald young lady hooked up to a bunch of IV's. I clicked on it, even though I know I shouldn't have. The article was about the girl in the picture, and how she diagnosed her own ovarian c****r through googling her symptoms. What made it even worse for me is the fact that she is/was 23 years old, the same age as me! They said that the doctors overlooked the possibility of her having it because of her age. Like I said, I did have a sonogram of my ovaries in April, and the doctor said everything is fine. However, I'm nearly back in that same place I left months ago...and now I'm worried about everything! I tried to talk to my mom about the situation, but she just got annoyed with me - but she did give me a book called "the power of the subconscious mind". I'm going to start reading and see if it helps. My mom and my boyfriend are the only people I have to talk to, and my mom just gets pissed with me.

Many people who never experienced anxiety will never understand. They think they do but honestly they have no clue.

In my experience I think your Mom gets mad at you when you talk about how you feel is because she worries and don't like to hear how we are feeling because my husband is the same way. I will tell him what I am feeling or thinking and he gets upset. I think it scares him to hear how I feel or he has no clue how to help or guide me. It's been like that for many years.

That's one reason I try to stay off the internet is because we see something or read about something then we worry or imagine how or what that person is feeling and of course we worry what if I have it.

I just started reading Mind Gate so I am starting to today. I also see an anxiety therapist twice a week. I know I can start to feel better again because I have in the past and was anxiety free for over 10 years but then it came back when I was foster caring my 2 year old niece and nephew who was less than a year. It was to much stress for me and it started my anxiety. I then was feeling a bit better and then my daughter,her husband and 5 kids moved in my house and anxiety went high again.

But try not to worry about the C word because you been checked and cleared. Let me know how your doing.   Kathy