Littlelady

Behavioural induced insufficient sleep disorder?

Hello

After doing some research, I have come to find that I am more than likely suffering from behavioural induced insufficient sleep disorder (choosing not to go to sleep which I thought was insomnia but it isn't) I was just wondering if anyone has this disorder? And any reasons why I'm doing this? 

Prefer the night ? I know I do and know it's not exactly normal but so much more relaxing.

hi.  yes i prefer the night.  i agree its more relaxing,  im very nocturnal.  do you have the same problem? 

I guess I do but am forced to be normal as everything else runs through the day...

Yeah, even I can understand your situation. I used to stay awake at night for so many years. This had created a lot of problems in my life. Since everything runs in the day-time, I struggled a lot and got help from an expert psychologist nearby my place. Insomnia and this condition have a lot of difference. Insomnia is the condition of the inability to fall asleep while in the case of people who love to stay awake at night are not unable to sleep. I think, practising  therapies like yoga or meditation may give temporary relief, but if you really want to get out of this problem,  then it's better to seek an expert advice. 

• Like 1

hi.

Thank you for you reply.

I will definitely seek professional help as I have tried many things and they don't seem to work. Its been going on far too long and its affecting my ability to function as I cant get to sleep, therefore sleep deprived, then have nightmares when I do get to sleep due to the sleep deprivation. Its no good.

You like the night more than the day. My days are difficult. More and more i am becoming that way. I have to change because i have to get up at five to go to work at six once again. Its not easy. Especially when you are young. I remember people having a troubled time with this. I understand. I am given a sedative but i can easily overcome it.... like tonight. I feel for your dilemma. 

If anyone can help.  My husbands sleep disorder seems to be ruining our marriage.  He doesn't sleep sufficiently at night and by around 4 pm (on the weekends in particular), his speech becomes slurred and his behavior becomes similar to a beligerant drunk person.  He is very aggitated and aggressive towards me and the kids.  He cannot recognize true from false.  It is scary for us.  He feels terrible the next day and promises to be sure he is in bed by 11 each night.  I try to regulate this and force him to bed at 11, but I can't do that every night.  It is exhausting for me because I need to be up at 5 pm.  When I slide, so does he and he just won't regulate himself.  He also falls asleep when he is alone with the 4 year old.  Last weekend, I came home from work on his day off and the front door was unloced and he was asleep in a chair while she was just left to do whatever.  I can't take the behavior but if he could get it under controll, things would be better.

Perhaps he should consult his doctor about his options, medications or therapies that would help. It sounds like it is affecting his, your, and your kids' lives, so you should explore all your options to find something that works