Sign in to follow this  
laceymayxxoo

My derealization get like it lifted until I thought about it

So all day I was fine woke up fed the kids had my coffee and the sneaky ciggy after a while I took my lexapro 7th day on this medication now I felt great but I decided to have a bath all of a sudden I could not get the thought or word derealization out of my head then I began to feel myself in a dream state seriously how do I stop thinking about this I can't!!! I read a book watched a movie even listened to music and I couldn't snap myself out of it will I ever be free of this???also has anyone had success of lexapro with derealization..

• Like 1

it takes time to come out of the derealization "funk". Never took Lexapro, but each day just keeping yourself busy with other activities, helps lessen the symptoms as days and weeks go by. Some days will be better than others. I used to have it all the time, but it lessened with time and now I get it every once in a while, but still distract myself when i feel it or feel it coming on. Good luck with the Lexapro! :D

Take Care

-Nate