Sign in to follow this  
Birdy75

Panic and anxiety at work.

Hello,

I'm new here and having some major upset at my work with a boss and evil coworker. I went to higher ups and that was no good as it backfired. I've been sick and anxious all week. I'm on Xanax and Prozac and it's helping a little. I feel on edge and scared and dreading work. Please help me.

Hi Birdy, im so sorry. Can you take time off sick? Just until you get yourself in a better 'head space' to deal with what is wrong at work? 

Hi! I know how you feel :( I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions as to what you can do to feel better but just know you're not alone. And also at least you have a specific reason you are feeling anxious. You know what you need to fix. I go through anxiety every single morning before work for no reason. I love my job actually and I get along with my coworkers and my boss, yet everyday is a struggle. I don't even know why. :( I hope things work out for you!!

That's also my problem dude. Deadlines and upcoming projects keeps going into my mind. What I'm doing now is i'm trying to find my way to relaxation. I hope we find it both. 

I have anxiety every day, I like were I work but most times it is a stuggle. I have chronic tacycardia, feeling dizzy, and short of breathe. Really hate it,but just deal with it. Take care

I experience a lot of anxiety and the occassional panic attack at work too. My situation is similar to yours as it's usually caused by coworkers and superiors. I teally feel that the atmosphere at my place of employment is toxic. The people are toxic attention seeking "pot stirrers" if you know what I mean. Thankfully my office has a door and I have found that a small clock radio set to my favorite radio station, a closed door, and a combination of breathing exercises and talking to myself (repeating positive things like "you are fine" "you are good at your job" "you don't have to play their games", etc) have really helped.

I still get overrun by the anxiety and feel like I somewhat lose the battle. On those particularly bad days when my usual routine doesn't work, I try to go outside and walk around if I can. The fresh air really helps me to clear my head and regain control.

I'm sorry you're going through this and I hope you find a coping mechanism that works for you soon.

Hi, I have recently landed my dream Job but this has brought on anxiety which isn't great when on a 12 month probation... I don't feel like I can tell anyone their what I am going through for fear if losing my job as it's a competitive industry. I just say I don't feel well when I go quiet and anxious :( they must think I am Ill all the time!!

I feel alone in dealing with it at work and under pressure to prove myself to pass the probation

I have had a similar experience in dealing with a new position at work. Also moving into a new apartment I became very triggered with anxiety. It feels hopeless right now that I won't come out of it but somewhere in my brain I'm searching for hope that it will pass.