Sign in to follow this  
Kim.Caron

Autism

I'm not quite sure if this is the correct topic to post this in but, I am a single Mom with an amazing 6 year old son with Autism. This little guy teaches me something new every day! He is gentle, intelligent, with a smile that lights up the room! He teaches ME something new every day! It's the simple things we take for granted! How do you deal or cope with Autism? Any feedback, thoughts, or ideas would be much appreciated!

Hey Kim, welcome to the forum. You posted in the right place. I don't know a lot about autism but my Husband used to chaperone for 2 adorable little boys who are autistic. One of them loved football! and he could recite the scores from all the games, such a sweet little boy.

Hi Gilly! Thank you for the welcome. Autistic children are gifted in so many ways. My son loves music. He enjoys strumming his guitar and dancing. It also seems to soothe him when he gets upset or frustrated. I have truly been blessed!

I've had loads of people tell me I don't have Asperger Syndrome simply because I don't display it or shout about it. I simply get on with my life and try to make sense of the world.

My friend's brother at school is autistic. He was extremely clever, more intelligent than us mere mortals. If you asked him was 12 x 33 was, he would be able to answer instantly. He was also very artistic, he painted some beautiful pictures of his garden, the pictures were so good my mum asked him to paint one to frame and hang on the wall.