Sign in to follow this  
sTeaLth

Lip Twitch

I have had this before and it did disappear. I have the feeling like my lip twitches but if I check in the mirror, nothing happens. High stress with work and a new baby coming so I’m trying not to read into it much. The shaking inside feeling finally left for a month or so before returning a few days ago too. It’s not as bad or as often though. I hate this crap. Why can’t I be normal?

20 hours ago, sTeaLth said:

I have had this before and it did disappear. I have the feeling like my lip twitches but if I check in the mirror, nothing happens. High stress with work and a new baby coming so I’m trying not to read into it much. The shaking inside feeling finally left for a month or so before returning a few days ago too. It’s not as bad or as often though. I hate this crap. Why can’t I be normal?

You answered your own question.  It's just nerves and you're on edge, so it will happen.

Life has stress, unfortunately.  This is going to be a very volatile year, too.   I have been saying "Buckle up, Buttercup!" quite a bit. 

....and congratulations on your family addition!

• Like 1

Funny thing is that in true anxiety fashion, it is basically gone today and replaced by lightheadedness and I had a sore lymph node feeling when I swallowed so now I can't help but look for that pain again.  Even though it is hard to find if at all.  Anxiety is legitimately insanity.

16 hours ago, sTeaLth said:

Funny thing is that in true anxiety fashion, it is basically gone today and replaced by lightheadedness and I had a sore lymph node feeling when I swallowed so now I can't help but look for that pain again.  Even though it is hard to find if at all.  Anxiety is legitimately insanity.

It's only insanity in the respect that during anxious episodes, you are actually looking for things to worry about - just to keep the anxiety going!

It's like you worry about not worrying, and then worry, and then worry some more.

• Like 1

Congratulations on your new baby! How exciting..I have a 20 month old. She's been so much fun. She's our 4rth. (I'm 44) lol. My oldest is 20 😆 

I had the lip twitch it felt so bizarre lol but it's harmless. I actually went to my Dr about it. I also couldn't see mine move in the mirror. I have had eyelid twitching. My eye Dr said it's stress! Ugh stress! it really can cause havoc. 

• Like 1

The twitches have subsided again.  Now it is a sore spot in my throat but it has already lessened by 75% in one day of ignoring it.  Anxiety is stupid and I usually do great at ignoring things and moving on.  New babies bring a lot of stress though.  We are any day now.  😅  Glad to hear from you again, @Holls.  You were paramount in my early anxiety success 5 years ago when I found this site.  Glad you are doing well!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sTeaLth said:

The twitches have subsided again.  Now it is a sore spot in my throat but it has already lessened by 75% in one day of ignoring it.  Anxiety is stupid and I usually do great at ignoring things and moving on.  New babies bring a lot of stress though.  We are any day now.  😅  Glad to hear from you again, @Holls.  You were paramount in my early anxiety success 5 years ago when I found this site.  Glad you are doing well!

I'm so excited for y'all! You have helped me so much too! I'm forever grateful! 

• Like 1