Jessi

Liver concerns

I had an ultrasound on Friday of my upper abdomen . Mainly because I am obsessed with my liver and pancreas.  I’ve had many ultrasounds and they are always good.  No fatty liver, no elevated enzymes when I do labs, nothing.  This report though has me terrified that something is wrong! 
the “questionable” comment has sent me into a spiral!  
I’m fully convinced I have the start of liver disease and idk why I’m not being referred on for further testing.  

D021A16D-5ED0-42F7-9224-FC865D22B94E.jpeg

4 hours ago, Jessi said:

I had an ultrasound on Friday of my upper abdomen . Mainly because I am obsessed with my liver and pancreas.  I’ve had many ultrasounds and they are always good.  No fatty liver, no elevated enzymes when I do labs, nothing.  This report though has me terrified that something is wrong! 
the “questionable” comment has sent me into a spiral!  
I’m fully convinced I have the start of liver disease and idk why I’m not being referred on for further testing.  

D021A16D-5ED0-42F7-9224-FC865D22B94E.jpeg

If there was cause for concern, you would have been notified by a doctor ASAP whether directly or potential meeting/consultation.  I hope you don't have cirrhosis of the liver, because this was referenced in the things I read.  If there is an issue, a blood test would determine what is going on.  When it omes to tests like these, no news is good news.  They don't normally say anything about their tests.....unless you beat it out of them.  Then, they explain that nothing is up.

In the listing you provided, I would be more concerned by "bowel gas" obscuring the tail of the pancreas.  Girl, what are you EATING?  lol  Pepto Bismol, baby!

8 hours ago, Ironman said:

If there was cause for concern, you would have been notified by a doctor ASAP whether directly or potential meeting/consultation.  I hope you don't have cirrhosis of the liver, because this was referenced in the things I read.  If there is an issue, a blood test would determine what is going on.  When it omes to tests like these, no news is good news.  They don't normally say anything about their tests.....unless you beat it out of them.  Then, they explain that nothing is up.

In the listing you provided, I would be more concerned by "bowel gas" obscuring the tail of the pancreas.  Girl, what are you EATING?  lol  Pepto Bismol, baby!

I’ve had lab work a few weeks ago and it was totally normal.  I have labs at least 2-3 times per year and they are always good.  I try to have an ultrasound once a year and it’s always been normal.  I’ve never even had so much as a fatty liver.  When the nurse called me she said it was a normal ultrasound and then I told her I read the report and lost my mind.  I would hope if it were cirrhosis they’d be able to easily spot that on the imaging.  But I’m freaking out that maybe it’s borderline and they just aren’t telling me because it’s not full blown?  Idk how to find out what the radiologist meant by that comment 

4 hours ago, Jessi said:

I’ve had lab work a few weeks ago and it was totally normal.  I have labs at least 2-3 times per year and they are always good.  I try to have an ultrasound once a year and it’s always been normal.  I’ve never even had so much as a fatty liver.  When the nurse called me she said it was a normal ultrasound and then I told her I read the report and lost my mind.  I would hope if it were cirrhosis they’d be able to easily spot that on the imaging.  But I’m freaking out that maybe it’s borderline and they just aren’t telling me because it’s not full blown?  Idk how to find out what the radiologist meant by that comment 

It's apparently a comment used pretty often from what I read.  

1 hour ago, Ironman said:

It's apparently a comment used pretty often from what I read.  

And doesn’t mean something bad?  The office had called me Friday and said everything was normal. I’m worried they are missing something or not following up because they’re not sure 

12 hours ago, Jessi said:

And doesn’t mean something bad?  The office had called me Friday and said everything was normal. I’m worried they are missing something or not following up because they’re not sure 

The Questionable just means your liver has something that is just different, a spot, that isn't cancerous.  Even if they double-checked, they said it was nothing - it could even have been a smudge on an image.  Again, especially if you had tests like before, there isn't anyting to worry about.  At this point, you are fine, but you are trying for perfection.  That'd give any of us anxiety.  This should be something to cross off your worry list 😎

5 hours ago, Ironman said:

The Questionable just means your liver has something that is just different, a spot, that isn't cancerous.  Even if they double-checked, they said it was nothing - it could even have been a smudge on an image.  Again, especially if you had tests like before, there isn't anyting to worry about.  At this point, you are fine, but you are trying for perfection.  That'd give any of us anxiety.  This should be something to cross off your worry list 😎

So it couldn’t be the beginning cirrhosis that they missed or didn’t think they needed  to mention? I’m not a heavy drinker but I do have some drinks. But this has scared me into not doing anything.  No drinking and since I got these results I’ve been eating nothing but fruit and vegetables😬 

I sent 2 portal messages to my drs office but they still haven’t replied to me.  

9 hours ago, Jessi said:

So it couldn’t be the beginning cirrhosis that they missed or didn’t think they needed  to mention? I’m not a heavy drinker but I do have some drinks. But this has scared me into not doing anything.  No drinking and since I got these results I’ve been eating nothing but fruit and vegetables😬 

I sent 2 portal messages to my drs office but they still haven’t replied to me.  

They would have told you if it was cirrhosis in the making.  They would be like "Look, Jessi, you need to cut down on your alcohol consumption.  You can't be drinking a fifth of scotch every day and expect your liver to say thank you, may I have more?"  

You can eat more than fruit and vegetables -you're punishing yourself in other areas now.  Go get a hamburger lol.  

THe docs are probably busy.  

4 hours ago, Ironman said:

They would have told you if it was cirrhosis in the making.  They would be like "Look, Jessi, you need to cut down on your alcohol consumption.  You can't be drinking a fifth of scotch every day and expect your liver to say thank you, may I have more?"  

You can eat more than fruit and vegetables -you're punishing yourself in other areas now.  Go get a hamburger lol.  

THe docs are probably busy.  

Thank you Ironman.  I appreciate it.  I hate anxiety and how it makes me go to the worst case scenario immediately.  I’ve been thinking I’ll be needing a liver transplant within a few years.  The last few days have been awful.  I really appreciate you responding to me 

20 hours ago, Jessi said:

Thank you Ironman.  I appreciate it.  I hate anxiety and how it makes me go to the worst case scenario immediately.  I’ve been thinking I’ll be needing a liver transplant within a few years.  The last few days have been awful.  I really appreciate you responding to me 

No problem.  It takes practice.....and patience to get through this.  It's a constant battle, but it gets easier.

This is something I am VERY familiar with! I was diagnosed with a fatty liver and trust me when I tell you, if there was something on that scan, best believe your Doctor would have let you know. This lab report looks great! My best advice to you is to maintain a healthy diet and exercise! I am glad you are ok!