Sign in to follow this  
davide.h

Kidney

5 hours ago, davide.h said:

I'm seeing a doctor tomorrow and am trying not to worry about it. 

You have to think of it as getting answers.  I know of somebody who injured his back and has similar issues as what you and I have described.  He was given a muscle relaxer and a temporary steroid to help heal muscles.

1 hour ago, davide.h said:

What muscle relaxant did they take?

I am not sure, I didn't ask.  It had to be prescribed, though.

18 hours ago, davide.h said:

I am sleeping a lot, too much, due to depression. Always on the side that feels cramped. 

That could do it, too.  My right arm started having limited range of motion from the way I slept. 

I saw my doctor a few days ago. He said he heard lots of activity when he listened to my stomach which I've learned is a good sign but I'm worried that that will change. He did not seem to think it warranted looking into it further at least for now. 

I saw my doctor a few days ago. He said he heard lots of activity when he listened to my stomach which I've learned is a good sign but I'm worried that that will change. He did not seem to think it warranted looking into it further at least for now. 

You have to stick with that news now.  You can't get any better news.

On 11/20/2022 at 6:07 PM, Ironman said:

You have to stick with that news now.  You can't get any better news.

What do you mean? The way he said it made it sound like there might be something wrong but there were no signs yet. They might still appear. 

2 hours ago, davide.h said:

What do you mean? The way he said it made it sound like there might be something wrong but there were no signs yet. They might still appear. 

It's possible you passed some kidney stones?

You said this:

You are taking this message with a negative connotation so you can make something to worry about.  You are worrying about something that "might" happen.  What truly are the chances.

I know we aren't guaranteed tomorrow, but how much extra worry is being created when it may not be ecessary?

On 11/26/2022 at 9:46 PM, Total Eclipse said:

It's possible you passed some kidney stones?

My doctor suspected some kind of stomach bug. He felt a lot of activity when he felt my abdomen which I think is reassuring. 

My doctor suspected some kind of stomach bug. He felt a lot of activity when he felt my abdomen which I think is reassuring. 

A stomach bug is completely different, yes.

I'm trying to keep calm. But so worried. 

It's hard to do, but you have to keep reminding yourself that you will be okay.

I have had and have real health issues and I sometimes have trouble dealing with them too. 

6 hours ago, MARC said:

I have had and have real health issues and I sometimes have trouble dealing with them too. 

You will need to focus on what doctors tell you so you aren't worrying every time something comes up.  

If there is an ongoing issue, then you would tell your doctor so they are able to keep track and step in if something needs to be done.

But - the goal is to sort out when to contact him and when to rely on your own self-talk to remember what the doctors tell you.