Sign in to follow this  
davide.h

Kidney

I’m having a mild soreness around where one of my kidneys is. I had surgery on the opposite when I was a child. I’m worried it’s a tumor but I’ll see my doctor soon to ask. 

5 hours ago, davide.h said:

I’m having a mild soreness around where one of my kidneys is. I had surgery on the opposite when I was a child. I’m worried it’s a tumor but I’ll see my doctor soon to ask. 

It doesn't sound like a pain like that would suddenly appear.  I would drink some water.

1 hour ago, davide.h said:

My doctor did say I was dehydrated. I’m hoping it’s that or a muscle issue. 

I was outside working on pulling out dying shrubs - I was sweating profusely and had a cramp in my side....and had trouble opening my hands - all from dehydration.

I’m a delivery driver and the long hours on the road can have an effect. It’s not unbearable pain more like a mild soreness. I remember when I had that issue at 7 I was in terrible pain crying for my parents. 

Could this be a muscle sprain? I was just at the doctor and all tests were good but I’m worried they could have missed something. 

10 hours ago, davide.h said:

Could this be a muscle sprain? I was just at the doctor and all tests were good but I’m worried they could have missed something. 

If you're sitting for a long time - definitely.

On 9/30/2022 at 9:00 AM, Ironman said:

If you're sitting for a long time - definitely.

Why’s that? I’ve tried ice and heat on it, maybe just needs time. 

13 hours ago, davide.h said:

Why’s that? I’ve tried ice and heat on it, maybe just needs time. 

You muscles are probably locking in the sitting position.  It happens to me all of the time.  I have to get and move to keep it from happening.

2 hours ago, davide.h said:

I think I might have twisted something while driving 

It might be more of a cramp than anything.  You have to loosen up the muscle while keeping inflammation low.

1 hour ago, davide.h said:

It’s gotten a bit better, but I can still a mild soreness 

Would a heat pad help?

Try Tylenol. It has helped me immensely and most recently when I had a 102.4 temperature when I had COVID. 

On 10/16/2022 at 4:26 PM, Ironman said:

Would a heat pad help?

Maybe but I don’t have one 

Just thinking of a recent comment saying a doctor reminding them not every ache and pain is terminal cancer, trying to keep that in mind till I can see a doctor of my own. 

11 hours ago, davide.h said:

Just thinking of a recent comment saying a doctor reminding them not every ache and pain is terminal cancer, trying to keep that in mind till I can see a doctor of my own. 

I have kidney pain right now.....it's part of my back pain.  I trimmed really tall shrubs this past weekend.  I have to reach up and over with a 24" trimmer to trim shrubs that are six feet tall.

I thought I was fine until I sat down on the couch of my mother's house.  My back has been in pain while in a sitting position in the past three days.

43 minutes ago, davide.h said:

How’re you treating it? 

Ibuprofen.  I also got exercise, which helps with the muscle strain.

54 minutes ago, davide.h said:

It was getting better but seems to flare up when I’m driving or under extreme stress 

Muscles and nerves can be affected by this.  My back pain returns when I am driving, or even sitting for a period of time - muscles and joints can lock, especially when we are older.

Stress can cause muscular fatigue as well.  My anxiety used to make me stiff as a board, and then the lactic acid builds up and I am sore afterward.

I haven't completely recovered from my shrub trimming strain - 10 days ago.  I was fin after all the exertion until I visited my mother four hours later that day.  Just sitting on the sofa caused the problems.  I haven't been completely right since.  I feel better after a run, but not stretching brings back the pain if I am not careful.

Many things I hear happen to people disturb me too, especially people I know. Try not to think about it as it will make things worse. 

On 10/26/2022 at 3:01 PM, Ironman said:

Muscles and nerves can be affected by this.  My back pain returns when I am driving, or even sitting for a period of time - muscles and joints can lock, especially when we are older.

Stress can cause muscular fatigue as well.  My anxiety used to make me stiff as a board, and then the lactic acid builds up and I am sore afterward.

I haven't completely recovered from my shrub trimming strain - 10 days ago.  I was fin after all the exertion until I visited my mother four hours later that day.  Just sitting on the sofa caused the problems.  I haven't been completely right since.  I feel better after a run, but not stretching brings back the pain if I am not careful.

I'm seeing a doctor tomorrow and am trying not to worry about it.