Sign in to follow this  
PennyPanic

Freckle on Lip?

Sigh... Not sure if it's a freckle, age spot, vein or worse on my lip. It's not cracked, not sinister looking, doesn't hurt...none of that stuff. In fact, it's not easy to spot...but I can see it. I don't think I had it before.

So now starts the old "Do I go see the doctor about this or not" dance.

So sick of HA. Hoping this is nothing. 

For what it's worth, I have a freckle on my lip. It kind of just showed up one day, though I know it didn't really just show up - I just finally noticed it. My dermatologist has never said anything about it, so my assumption is that it's fine. I've also had my dermatologist tell me that we're getting freckles and various other spots all throughout our lives. That helps me. 

• Like 1

I have a freckle on my lip too! I saw it after my daughter was born and flipped out!!! I went to the derm and she said oh that's completely normal. She said what SurferJoe said, as we age we can get new freckles anywhere. I see my derm yearly and I never mentioned it again and neither has she. In fact, I haven't even looked at it in 6+ years!!! Hugs you are fine. 🥰

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Holls said:

I have a freckle on my lip too! I saw it after my daughter was born and flipped out!!! I went to the derm and she said oh that's completely normal. She said what SurferJoe said, as we age we can get new freckles anywhere. I see my derm yearly and I never mentioned it again and neither has she. In fact, I haven't even looked at it in 6+ years!!! Hugs you are fine. 🥰

Actually Holls I went to the derm (see other post). The freckle is a vein. He was not concerned about that. But was concerned about a bump on my lip...I thought it was just the way my lip was curved. It might still just be that...or a precancer. He gave me the option to burn it (cryotherapy) or leave it. Well, if there's any chance it is anything bad...of course, burn it. So he did. Now my mind is racing on that. What if it was worse than a precancer? Why am I getting these? How can I prevent them? Am I doomed? How did I not see the bump? Oh yeah, I did see it I just thought it was normal. That means I'm an idiot can't be trusted? What are all of these other weird things on my skin? etc...etc...etc... Sigh.