Sign in to follow this  
davide.h

Been jittery lately

Recommended Posts

Like occasional muscle spasms. Scared that it's ALS. There's no history of it in my family as far as I know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, davide.h said:

Like occasional muscle spasms. Scared that it's ALS. There's no history of it in my family as far as I know. 

Are you stretching and getting enough fluids?  I have a twitch in my shoulder at night.  I can feel the muscle twitch.  But, I do have issues with dehydration, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I have said in numerous other posts, ALS is an extremely rare disease with only 5,000 cases diagnosed in the USA each year. Compare that with cancer and heart disease, which have over a million cases and their is no comparison. I remember once asking my doctor about a carcinoid tumor and he said I have a better chance of getting struck by lightning. I have also known a number of people who had ALS and occasional muscle spasms were not a symptom they had. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Ironman said:

Are you stretching and getting enough fluids?  I have a twitch in my shoulder at night.  I can feel the muscle twitch.  But, I do have issues with dehydration, too.

Been trying to drink more. I'm also not sleeping that well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, davide.h said:

Been trying to drink more. I'm also not sleeping that well. 

Lack of sleep also make one punchy and jittery. I'd look into melatonin supplements if there is a problem.  Hopefully, it's temporary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My fingers sometimes twitch if I'm typing causing me to misspell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, davide.h said:

My fingers sometimes twitch if I'm typing causing me to misspell. 

I get that, too, especially while writing.  It's like I grip a pen too hard when I write or something.  Writer's cramps still happen for those who handwrite lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ironman said:

I get that, too, especially while writing.  It's like I grip a pen too hard when I write or something.  Writer's cramps still happen for those who handwrite lol.

But why? Do I need an MRI?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, davide.h said:

But why? Do I need an MRI?

 

Nope, it's natural.  It's muscular and deals with use.  MRIs wouldn't pick anything up.  Neurological stuff is different, too. 

I think what we have is harmless.  Everybody has had writer's cramp at one time or another.  The more we write, the weirder it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, davide.h said:

It isn't just when I write. 

It doesn't have to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this