Sign in to follow this  
Sherry

Anxiety

My name is Sherry Garcia. I've been struggling with GAD since I was in my late teens. I had been on Paxil for over 30 years and it worked so well. Last year I was seriously ill and the Paxil quit working. My anxiety has been out of control since last July. I was referred to local mental health clinic. My therapist has been trying since August of last year to find an anti-depressant that works. We've tried five anti-depressants to no avail. I'm scared and wonder if there's an anti-depressant that is going to work for me. Has anyone else had this same experience? Thank you.

There is something approved by the FDA called TMS therapy which is geared to people with medicine resistant depression. I would look into it as it may be an alternative that may help you. 

Hey, I'm sorry you had to face this issue. Have you tried Lexapro? Lexapro is an anti-depressant that selectively inhibits the reuptake of serotonin. Serotonin is usually called the happy hormone. Two others are Prozac and Wellburtin. But Prozac and Wellbutrin are not supposed to be taken together because they produce adverse effects when taken together. As per medical science, the first tip is to change the medicine's dose frequency and schedule. Don't go for a sudden change in medication. But if it is more than 8 weeks since you started taking this medicine then I would recommend try Trazodone and Sertraline but both to be taken on different times. :)

And for some natural cure, please go through this anxiety and depression guide mangoclinic.com/an-ultimate... which would help you a lot with your condition. Whenever you'll get time do give it a read.

I hope my advice helps!

God Bless, Xx

• Confused 1