Sign in to follow this  
garypayton

esophageal cancer fear

3 hours ago, garypayton said:

Yes i heard about zantac, but you may heard they are retiring it because of some "possible" cancerous substance they found, so now is not available. And also, i'm far away from home and some things are hard to find.

what??????? I didn't know that OMG I will research now, holy cow....

2 hours ago, Leah1976 said:

It's another case (like the somewhat recent blood pressure medication recall) where they suspect there may be some amount of impurity which can cause cancer. The medication has not been recalled, but is being voluntarily removed from some store shelves until they figure it out. Doctors also aren't advising patients to stop taking it. I personally doubt there's any risk in the interim, if you currently take it on occasion, but I'm no doc.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Leah1976 said:

Stay calm, it's just a suspect case and NO HUMAN BEING has got cancer by using it, they say they discovered something wrong using it on some animals, and they are not even sure, they are removing it just in case...

9 hours ago, garypayton said:

Stay calm, it's just a suspect case and NO HUMAN BEING has got cancer by using it, they say they discovered something wrong using it on some animals, and they are not even sure, they are removing it just in case...

Not YET!!!! Gosh who can we trust anymore?????? I have been taking zantac for 9 months every night and on and off for years between PPIs..... this is ridiculous.... I don't know what to do?????

12 hours ago, bin_tenn said:

It's another case (like the somewhat recent blood pressure medication recall) where they suspect there may be some amount of impurity which can cause cancer. The medication has not been recalled, but is being voluntarily removed from some store shelves until they figure it out. Doctors also aren't advising patients to stop taking it. I personally doubt there's any risk in the interim, if you currently take it on occasion, but I'm no doc.

Thanks Bin, I am very worried now... don't know what to do.... 

4 hours ago, Leah1976 said:

Thanks Bin, I am very worried now... don't know what to do....  

you don't have to do nothing, there are probably millions of people who took and still takes zantac

Something is happening to me now. I take too much care on how i swallow, and i also noticed that i like to wash the food down, especially when eating rice and meat. I don't know if it's a  bad habit, now i feel like if i don't drink the food will just stay in my esophagus.

I'm confused by my body sensations

1 hour ago, garypayton said:

you don't have to do nothing, there are probably millions of people who took and still takes zantac

Something is happening to me now. I take too much care on how i swallow, and i also noticed that i like to wash the food down, especially when eating rice and meat. I don't know if it's a  bad habit, now i feel like if i don't drink the food will just stay in my esophagus.

I'm confused by my body sensations

Aren't we all!?  All the little nuances our bodies have is what causes us to have anxiety.  BAH!

17 minutes ago, sTeaLth said:

Aren't we all!?  All the little nuances our bodies have is what causes us to have anxiety.  BAH!

today eating i was trying to feel the way i swallow and it gave me the feeling i have a problem swallowing rice and meat. Also, i've always drank while eating, so the food passes more easily, and now i think maybe that's why i never noticed something is wrong there, and now it's getting bigger

20 hours ago, garypayton said:

today eating i was trying to feel the way i swallow and it gave me the feeling i have a problem swallowing rice and meat. Also, i've always drank while eating, so the food passes more easily, and now i think maybe that's why i never noticed something is wrong there, and now it's getting bigger

That's the problem trying to feel the way swallow will always screw it up. I had issues just like you to the t. I still have it know and than. Especially when I think about you. Just relax and eat things that pass easy to forget about it than it will off your mind when you do. I was hunting in idaho 9 hours from a road and I was panicking but than I thought o well nothing I can do about it and I wasn't going to ruin the trip for everyone. What happened? Nothing I forgot about it in a couple days and enjoyed my time.