Solafide3

Defeated by the fear

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Solafide3 said:

I don’t hear many people, if any, talk about having the little jerks (not twitches) during the daytime. I know people have them when they are falling asleep, and that’s normal. So it kinda freaks me out I’m the only one doing it during the daytime. My doc appt is tmrw. Is it normal to have all the worst case scenarios run through your head? I’m scared to even go! She’s gonna be like yep daytime jerks are def ALS!!

Can I ask you @Solafide3 do you feel weak? Like you can’t do anything? Like you can’t hold a coffee cup? Or even hold a pen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DanFromNy said:

Can I ask you @Solafide3 do you feel weak? Like you can’t do anything? Like you can’t hold a coffee cup? Or even hold a pen?

I feel like my grip is weak. But I know I feel like that when I am anxious. I also feel like my arms and legs get tired quicker. I’ve had a tremor when I raise my arms or hold out my hand. But I know that also comes along with anxiety. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DanFromNy said:

Can I ask you @Solafide3 do you feel weak? Like you can’t do anything? Like you can’t hold a coffee cup? Or even hold a pen?

They aren't and there was a post about that not too long ago. She didn't fear als at all but was having day time jerks. A lot of people here posted they have them at time too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Holls said:

They aren't and there was a post about that not too long ago. She didn't fear als at all but was having day time jerks. A lot of people here posted they have them at time too. 

You really are an angel for responding to so many people’s threads in support of them. May God bless you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Solafide3 said:

You really are an angel for responding to so many people’s threads in support of them. May God bless you!

Aww thank you for saying that. You are sweet. I want to help Bec when I was in my als anxiety it was the most scariest time in my life. I still shutter when I think back to those dark days. I hope I can help pull some people out of it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotcha. The best thing is to tell yourself that it is your anxiety that is making you feel this way @Solafide3 the best thing that has helped me is that my symptoms come and go and I don’t feel weak I’m always working with my hands at work and that A^* symptoms don’t come and go. If you have them, it’s there and it’s noticeable and I’ve been coping with it well. I do feel the twitches like you said at night before I go to sleep, and I tell myself it’s my anxiety trying to get the better of me. I truly believe that you’ll go to the doctor tomorrow and he/she will say it’s anxiety as I’m hoping for my pcp to tell me... again as well. @Holls is great with the information she provides for us on here, definitely helps us to try to control our anxiety. Again keep us posted on tomorrow, you’ll be fine. 😉

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She was adamant that what I have is benign fasciculation syndrome but is going to do an emg next Monday so I can have peace of mind. Said young people come to her office once or twice a year with the same symptoms freaking out that it’s something bad. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to my PCP today, told him I was still suffering from anxiety of thinking I had A^* of course he knows my history of being a hypochondriac. For the first time and I’ve known my doctor for quite some time he had told me his father had passed from ALS. So right off the bat I knew that he knew what to look for as far as symptoms. He said anxiety is very powerful and can make you feel awful and make you feel like your sick when you aren’t. The twitching all over body like @Holls said is caused from anxiety, he said the twitching and other symptoms in A*^ doesn’t just stop one day and come back to stop again. He told me once the thought of A^* is completely out of my head the twitching will gradually go away. He put me on Zoloft to take for a month to help me with the anxiety and once I’m more at ease I can come off. This forum really did a lot for me as far as accepting my HA and trying to help myself for it. Yes I’m still twitching and I know it’s caused from my HA I’m not going to beat myself up over it anymore. Again thank you to those who reached out to me and gave me the best advice they can during my struggle. Probably going to stay off for awhile to help ease my mind and I wish you all the best 🤙🏼🙏🏼😉

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DanFromNy said:

I went to my PCP today, told him I was still suffering from anxiety of thinking I had A^* of course he knows my history of being a hypochondriac. For the first time and I’ve known my doctor for quite some time he had told me his father had passed from ALS. So right off the bat I knew that he knew what to look for as far as symptoms. He said anxiety is very powerful and can make you feel awful and make you feel like your sick when you aren’t. The twitching all over body like @Holls said is caused from anxiety, he said the twitching and other symptoms in A*^ doesn’t just stop one day and come back to stop again. He told me once the thought of A^* is completely out of my head the twitching will gradually go away. He put me on Zoloft to take for a month to help me with the anxiety and once I’m more at ease I can come off. This forum really did a lot for me as far as accepting my HA and trying to help myself for it. Yes I’m still twitching and I know it’s caused from my HA I’m not going to beat myself up over it anymore. Again thank you to those who reached out to me and gave me the best advice they can during my struggle. Probably going to stay off for awhile to help ease my mind and I wish you all the best 🤙🏼🙏🏼😉

That's awesome news! I hate to hear that about his dad but he did know it up close and personal. Agree.. twitches might not leave for a good week or so.. so don't get worried if they aren't gone tomorrow or the next day. It takes time..hugs. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.