Sign in to follow this  
AshDone

I’m back... Trace blood in urine again.

So not too long ago I was on here telling about how they found trace amount of blood and pus in my urine, for something completely unrelated. They sent my UTI very for a culture and it didn’t grow anything. A couple of days ago, they do another urine analysis that showed trace blood and bacteria. The sent my urine out for a culture and it didn’t grow anything again! I’m scared crapless that I have bladder or kidney cancer. I’ve had a CT of my abdomen back in March, everything was clear. I’ve had back pain since March as well... What is going on here? Has anyone had this problem and it not turn out to be cancer? They also did a CBC, which that turned out to be fine.

Yes I've had this last yr in August. My cultures grew nothing and I had a lot of microscopic blood.  My PCP referred me to a urologist. He scheduled a bladder scope. Bladder cancer is super super rare. I went to the e.r. before my scope Bec I worked myself into a complete panic. They did a CT scan and l was clear as well as blood work. So after my bladder scope and urine test for cancer cells I was told I'll always have blood in my urine and for no reason at all, which seems to be very very common. 

Most importantly, what does you Dr say about your urine test?? Does he want to to retest or nothing? My PCP wasn't concerned but she could tell I was. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Holls said:

Yes I've had this last yr in August. My cultures grew nothing and I had a lot of microscopic blood.  My PCP referred me to a urologist. He scheduled a bladder scope. Bladder cancer is super super rare. I went to the e.r. before my scope Bec I worked myself into a complete panic. They did a CT scan and l was clear as well as blood work. So after my bladder scope and urine test for cancer cells I was told I'll always have blood in my urine and for no reason at all, which seems to be very very common. 

Most importantly, what does you Dr say about your urine test?? Does he want to to retest or nothing? My PCP wasn't concerned but she could tell I was. 

Thanks Holls for replying! You always come through and ease my anxiety some! I’m glad that everything turned out well for you. My mother has the same problem, except blood can actually be seen in her urine. She had a scope and ultrasound, everything came back normal. She was told that she would always have blood in her urine as well.

Whenever I got the first Urinalysis, it was at a walk in clinic, not my normal GP. The second test was with my Normal GP, and they didn’t seem to be concerned about the blood. I go back Wednesday to get the results for my tab skin test and I’ll ask about them referring me to a neurologist. I just hope my GP don’t think that I’m a looney. He’s had to deal with me a lot this year...

37 minutes ago, AshDone said:

Thanks Holls for replying! You always come through and ease my anxiety some! I’m glad that everything turned out well for you. My mother has the same problem, except blood can actually be seen in her urine. She had a scope and ultrasound, everything came back normal. She was told that she would always have blood in her urine as well.

Whenever I got the first Urinalysis, it was at a walk in clinic, not my normal GP. The second test was with my Normal GP, and they didn’t seem to be concerned about the blood. I go back Wednesday to get the results for my tab skin test and I’ll ask about them referring me to a neurologist. I just hope my GP don’t think that I’m a looney. He’s had to deal with me a lot this year...

2 years ago I was at my PCP a LOT!!!! But she helped me calm any fears I had and she doesn't over test... Your Dr doesn't think that about you lol. My Dr told me I want you better so I'll sit here all day with you if that's what will do it. When you find a Dr that cares... It means everything. Hugs. 

8 minutes ago, Holls said:

2 years ago I was at my PCP a LOT!!!! But she helped me calm any fears I had and she doesn't over test... Your Dr doesn't think that about you lol. My Dr told me I want you better so I'll sit here all day with you if that's what will do it. When you find a Dr that cares... It means everything. Hugs. 

I meant TB skin test and a urologist. Autocorrect... Lol. My GP is pretty good and caring. He let me have a complete mental break down to him, and held a box of tissues for me. He’s been my doctor ever since I was like 8 and I’m 26 now. Thank you! My biggest fears have been cancer and ALS over the years. I no longer look up symptoms and reasearch my symptoms. That’s helped with not having big mental crash downs from the anxiety.

19 minutes ago, AshDone said:

I meant TB skin test and a urologist. Autocorrect... Lol. My GP is pretty good and caring. He let me have a complete mental break down to him, and held a box of tissues for me. He’s been my doctor ever since I was like 8 and I’m 26 now. Thank you! My biggest fears have been cancer and ALS over the years. I no longer look up symptoms and reasearch my symptoms. That’s helped with not having big mental crash downs from the anxiety.

You know I'm an als worrier as well. ? My worry comes and goes.. hormones def plays a part in my high anxiety times. Als is a horrible rabbit hole. As you know googling only digs you in deeper. I hope you are in a good place with that fear. I'm a twitcher like you.. mine come and go. 

Tb test!! I had one this summer for the preschool I teach at. I thought it hurt lol. 

8 minutes ago, Holls said:

You know I'm an als worrier as well. ? My worry comes and goes.. hormones def plays a part in my high anxiety times. Als is a horrible rabbit hole. As you know googling only digs you in deeper. I hope you are in a good place with that fear. I'm a twitcher like you.. mine come and go. 

Tb test!! I had one this summer for the preschool I teach at. I thought it hurt lol. 

Oh yes, my hormones drive me crazy. I just recently found out I have PCOS, which would expleain the hormonal problems I have. I feel like I have overcome my fear of ALS for the most part, especially since I’ve been twitching for so long. 

Oh my, yes! It stung so bad! I had to have mine done for the LPN program. I probably have no buisiness becoming a nurse, with severe health anxiety! ?

I always have microscopic blood in my urine, in every test. I had it since I am 21 and I am 42 now. they also see some bacteria as well but no infection. this is part of who I am. I have had all kinds of testing and everything turns out normal. Some people just have it and it's normal for them. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

Cancer would have shown in other lab or imaging tests. I wouldn't worry about that. It may be a small stone that will pass. Try to relax as hard as it is . Everything will be ok! 

• Thanks 1

I had the same issue a few year ago. I went to urgent care for stomach pain. They said I had a trace of blood in my urine but never sent me for testing . They said it’s normal and that it can be caused by immflamation . Turns out I had a bad case of gastritis. I never had further testing and I do not have bladder cancer. Believe me I freaked out for weeks and I spiraled from there