worriedDAD

My son is suffering from sleep paralysis. What should I do?

For the past week, my son has been suffering from sleep paralysis. I don’t know if this is normal but having to deal with it for how many days is not normal anymore. My 15 year old kid kept on telling me that he’s having nightmares and bad dreams, which I don’t like. I read an article in a foreign site talking about the death of a girl who had a sleep paralysis. Please tell me what should I do. My son is at risk here. Hear me please.

I'm very sorry your child and you are going through this. I think it's important for you to comfort and keep your son in a relaxed environment when he goes to sleep. I know this might be hard for you to contribute in this way because you are worried. Maybe he can take a hot shower before bed and listen to an audiobook ( a fun positive one for his age) while he drifts off. And secondly I would certainly go see a doctor as soon as you can to get more help with this. 

I think to have a nightmare is normal from time to time. It doesn't mean anything bad. When we get so frightened about the nightmares in our sleep it's a bit of a concern. I had one of those really bad nightmares years ago and I still remember it because it's a scary experience but I certainly didn't die from it. 

All the best to you and your child.