Not sure what to do

Recommended Posts

I have Panic Disorder and Housebound Agoraphobia. I'm trying to work on getting out of the house more. The problem is that I wasn't able to renew my license when I was 21 and it's been expired for several years. As of now there is no way I can make the far trip to the dmv and take the tests. How am I supposed to work on driving further if I can't legally drive? I believe the law says if your license has been expired for more than 6 months you have to get a temporary permit again. I've always been a great driver since I got my license at 16 no accidents or speeding tickets etc. I've currently just been riding a bike to go further each day. Has anyone on here ever had to deal with a situation like this?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi DG!...  It's been well over a year since you posted this, and I was wondering how things are going for you.  Were you able to get your license at some point?  I too suffer from Panic Disorder, and early on was beginning to develop some agoraphobia, but I was lucky, and the agoraphobia was short lived.  Sure hope you are doing better...  Chuck🐈

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.